NVIDIA G80: General Performance Analysis

Discussion in 'Beyond3D Articles' started by Rys, Mar 26, 2007.

1. tabs

Veteran

That's great news. Loved the the stlyle and content of your rage3d reviews. The charts in particular were very well conceived.

I'd have to echo a couple of sentiments from the post above. The only thing that struck me as odd was the AF performance graph. The actual work being done by the 7 series in comparison to the X1 surely accounts for the large difference in performance these parts face. A simple link to that IQ review would have sufficed, as the G80 performance review is not a review of these old parts. Also a link to the relevant comments thread from the main page is very handy!

I hope the R600 review isn't as late as the R600 (and this review), and that you don't artificially delay it so you don't have to suffer from people claiming you're all fanboys for only spilling the R600 beans in a timely manner. :p

#41 tabs, Apr 2, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2007
  2. Rys

Rys PowerVR
    Moderator Veteran Alpha

The articles will be as timely as we can make them, as always :smile:

3. Reverend

Banned

This article isn't really what I have come to expect from B3D. It may due to some new testing/benchmark format that comes with the new B3D but if I had to guess more accurately, the article's quality is a combination of it being late and therefore rushed. Just MHO.