NVIDIA Expands "The Way It's Meant To Be Played"

Discussion in 'Press Releases' started by Dave Baumann, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Dave Baumann

Dave Baumann Gamerscore Wh...
    Moderator Legend

<p align="center">NVIDIA EXPANDS "THE WAY IT'S MEANT TO BE PLAYED" PROGRAMME TO MACINTOSH
    NVIDIA Teams With Aspyr to Launch Logo Programme for Macintosh Gamers</p>LONDON - JANUARY 8th, 2003
    - NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA), the worldwide leader in visual processing solutions, today announced that it has teamed up with Aspyr, the industry-leading publisher of games for the Macintosh, to expand NVIDIA®'s "The Way It's Meant to Be Played" programme. Successfully introduced for PC games earlier this year, the NVIDIA logo program singles out those games that play best on NVIDIA hardware, making it easier for consumers to recognise products designed to deliver mind-blowing gaming experiences.

"Aspyr and NVIDIA are working closely together to bring state-of-the-art graphics and the best game titles available to the Macintosh platform," said Michael Rogers, president at Aspyr. "The combination of our games and NVIDIA graphics technology is tough to beat. By featuring 'The Way It's Meant to Be Played' logo on selected retail packaging in the future, we're letting gamers easily locate where the best gaming experiences for the Mac can be found."

About NVIDIA
    NVIDIA Corporation is a market leader in visual computing technology dedicated to creating products that enhance the interactive experience on consumer and professional computing platforms. Its graphics and communications processors have broad market reach and are incorporated into a wide variety of computing platforms, including consumer digital-media PCs, enterprise PCs, professional workstations, digital content creation systems, notebook PCs, military navigation systems and video games consoles. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, California and employs more than 1,400 people worldwide. For more information, visit the company's Web site at www.nvidia.co.uk.

2. BRiT

BRiT (╯°□°)╯
    Moderator Legend Alpha

Wonderful. I really loathe marketting. Now Apple users are target of the their most recent campaign.

Its a shame that there's no way to capture concrete data on how effect these marketting campaigns are. I can see some users being fooled into opting for an Nvidia based (GF440Go) system over an ATI based (Mobility-9000) one and recieving less performance, or even a desktop based on GF3 technology vs R250. I just wonder what portion of users are duped...

3. Joe DeFuria

Legend

Forgive me, I couldn't resist:

[​IMG]

;)

4. BRiT

BRiT (╯°□°)╯
    Moderator Legend Alpha

:shock: Joe, That owns! :lol:

I can't believe I haven't seen that before.

5. WaltC

Veteran

BelleVue Sanatorium, Billary, NY. Patient privile

I have seen that before, and it STILL Owns!.....;)

Very funny, indeed. And quite to the point, actually.

6. Bambers

Regular

7. Anonymous

Veteran

We all love that logo, Joe :)
    IIRC ( and I'm not sure at all ) , it was me who had the idea of simply changing "played" to "delayed", you originally changed a lot more than that and it didn't look much better ( so this one is better because there's a lot less editing, not being the phrase is better )

Anyone wanna hack the ATI website to put that logo everywhere on it? I bet they wouldn't even do you a lawsuit if they find you :D

Uttar

8. Fuz

Fuz
    Regular

I have said this many times before, and I will say it again. Nvidia have the best marketing team in the industry. I am not saying I am agreeing with thier methods, but the fact is it is very effective. ATI needs to step up imo. If ATI plans on staying on top for long periods of time, they need to atleast match Nvidia in marketing. Otherwise forget it! Jmho of course.