Nvidia driver anomaly?

Discussion in '3D Hardware, Software & Output Devices' started by micron, Nov 11, 2011.

1. micron

micron Diamond Viper 550
    Veteran

I'm getting a really crappy artifact in Battlefield 3, it looks lines coming off of my weapons crosshairs. I was running a GTX 260 when I first discovered it and thought my card was possibly dying. A friend gave me a brand new GTX 280 and the anomaly is still there. I even bought a new Corsair TX 750 power supply thinking that my OCZ Mod Xtreme 500 watt'er wasn't putting out enough juice. I only get the artifact in this game. My system is an i7 860, eVGA P55 motherboard, and Patriot Viper DDR3 memory. I know that people are reporting a lot of graphical issues with BF3, but I haven't seen any that look like this. Any ideas?

[​IMG]

2. homerdog

homerdog donator of the year
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

This happens to me too. GTX260 with the latest (285.79) driver. With Gigabyte P35 mobo and E6750 CPU.

I've also seen some weird flickering on light sources. BF3 single player campaign spoier:
    In the part where Miller gets his nugget chopped off the walls were flickering from black to white really bad

3. micron

micron Diamond Viper 550
    Veteran

I guess I should have mentioned which driver I was using(the same as you) but it does it with the last 3 driver Nvidia have put out.

It's good to know that someone is having the same issue, and I don't mean that in a bad way :smile:

4. homerdog

Yep, it did it with the last driver as well. It doesn't happen all that often and almost never in the multiplayer, but I do with they would fix it.

5. Bludd

Bludd Experiencing A Significant Gravitas Shortfall
    Veteran

Having it too with the 285.62 drivers, I haven't played BF3 with the .79 drivers yet.

6. micron

micron Diamond Viper 550
    Veteran

As long as it doesn't hurt my card I guess I'll just deal with it. Forcing V sync helped minimize it quite a bit but I don't thing it's a type of screen tearing.

I was just about to pull the trigger on a 560 Ti, but apparently that card is getting a refresh around the end of the month so I'll just hold off a bit. I almost bought my GTX 260 around the time that the core 216 model was released and I was glad that I waited :???:

7. Bludd

Bludd Experiencing A Significant Gravitas Shortfall
    Veteran

8. micron

micron Diamond Viper 550
    Veteran

9. homerdog

:cool:

Sounds like that guy was having it really bad. I only noticed it a few times and it's nothing game-breaking, but quite annoying when it happens.