Nvidia DLSS 1 and 2 antialiasing discussion *spawn*

Here are your words
So? I was talking about performance comparison. With GPU being at 83% you can't compare performance because the render isn't running GPU limited. That was my point.

Again: it doesn't really matter how it's running in native resolution for discussion of performance with DLSS.

Let's parapthrase what you said: comparing two different algorithms to reduce GPU load leads to incomparable results between algorithms? Do you know what part of the GPU is limiting? One GPU % number doesn't equal shader rate, fill rate, geometry rate, texturing rate, tensor core utilization vs general compute...

So either you're daft, or you just don't understand how GPU performance cannot be indicated by a single percentage. Perhaps you're right -- perhaps you aren't daft afterall. Perhaps instead you simply don't understand how any of this really works.

Let's parapthrase what you said: comparing two different algorithms to reduce GPU load leads to incomparable results between algorithms?
Yes when you're actually not GPU limited running said algorithms. Cmon, it's not that hard to understand why you can't judge a GPU performance in any algorithm when you're not GPU limited.

Do you know what part of the GPU is limiting? One GPU % number doesn't equal shader rate, fill rate, geometry rate, texturing rate, tensor core utilization vs general compute...
So what does that % number tells us if - according to you - it doesn't tell us anything? And why is it correspond so well with actual performance in basically all games out there if it doesn't tell us - according to you - anything about GPU performance?

DLSS and DLAA for this one

• Ray-traced reflections are available across the game for those with hardware that supports them. Reflections also have varied quality levels, one of which is a new, higher-quality ray-traced mode that offers even more city detail when web-swinging and fighting crime in Marvel's New York.
  • NVIDIA DLSS (Deep Learning Super Sampling) increases graphics performance using dedicated Tensor Core AI processors found only on GeForce RTX GPUs, boosting frame rates with uncompromised image quality.
  • NVIDIA DLAA (Deep Learning Anti-Aliasing) is an AI-based anti-aliasing mode for GeForce RTX gamers who have spare GPU headroom and want higher levels of image quality.
  • Beyond choosing output resolutions, we also support a wide range of display ratios, including ultrawide 21:9, panoramic 32:9, and NVIDIA Surround multi-monitor setups.* If you've got three monitors, we've got the game for you to show them off with!
  • Many other rendering systems are more customizable than they have been in the past, with additional quality levels and algorithmic options. These include SSAO, texture filtering, LoD quality, shadows, and more. We support windowed, full screen, and exclusive full screen rendering modes.

52228593525_4ccff485e7_h.jpg

Last edited:
Sony's ports have been generally been quality so far. On top of that added fidelity/settings aswell as features. They also tend to patch games well after launch to address issues.
The spec sheet doesnt seem to include 'PS5 settings' or 'original', but thats something for Alex to find out i guess. Anyway, going to get this one on PC.

Cool to see SSD becoming a requirement past very low settings.

Why increasing frame rate from 30 to 60 fps at 4k and Ray tracing to ultra doubles the required RAM from 16GB to 32GB?

PC: Nvidia DLSS 2.4.3
We’ve officially deployed DLSS version 2.4.3 with the July patch. We were intentionally using version 2.3.2 since the May Patch because we were aware of some visual issues with version 2.4.3.

August 4, 2022
‎Loopmancer sends us on a journey through an Asian cyberpunk metropolis - on request also with noble raytracing optics. To make the "2.5D" splendor playable, three upscaling methods are available. PCGH has explored Dragon City and reveals what Loopmancer has technically on the box.‎

When using DLSS or DLAA, the image with it enabled was stable in motion, the level of detail rendered in vegetation and tree leaves is improved in comparison to the in-game TAA solution and small details in the distance, such as wires or thin steel objects, are rendered more correctly and completely.
The FSR 2.0 implementation comes with noticeable compromises in image quality—in favor of performance in most sequences of the game. We spotted excessive shimmering and flickering on thin objects and especially steel objects; they are shimmering even when standing still. Also, the FSR 2.0 image has some visible pixelation around Spider-Man and it can be distracting in motion, especially at lower resolutions.

I got myself a Lenovo Legion Slim 7 with an RTX3060 and I'm very impressed with what DLSS provides. Horizon Zero Dawn at full blast in 1080 Quality Mode looks very very nice. But the cherry on top for me is being able to play at 1080 Performance mode + Silent Mode! Of course the quality is noticeable inferior to DLSS Quality, but for me it makes up for it by keeping the laptop silent. Impressive stuff.

I got myself a Lenovo Legion Slim 7 with an RTX3060 and I'm very impressed with what DLSS provides. Horizon Zero Dawn at full blast in 1080 Quality Mode looks very very nice. But the cherry on top for me is being able to play at 1080 Performance mode + Silent Mode! Of course the quality is noticeable inferior to DLSS Quality, but for me it makes up for it by keeping the laptop silent. Impressive stuff.

Its nice isnt it. Since summer 2021 ive had my G15 (15.6'', RTX3070m/5800h/32gb/1tb nvme and 144hz panel), handles everything i throw at it, its quite close to my 2080Ti desktop which is something i didnt expect. Its not so noisy either, doesnt throttle even in hot summer temps and the panel is quite good considering the price (1600/1700usd). The little machine outdoes the PS5 in Spiderman, and it should for the specs, but still, its a laptop. We have come long ways in the world of laptops.

Back