Nvidia Control Panel in 2016

Discussion in 'Graphics and Semiconductor Industry' started by ninelven, Jul 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ninelven

Veteran

Something that has really been wearing on me lately, is the layout and performance of the nvidia control panel. For 2016, it is shameful. Huge swaths of whitespace, but I still need a scrollbar to see all of my settings. Explanations that are almost certainly one time affairs (at most) are given a dedicated space (tooltips and helpfile guys). And program settings are on a tab when they could very easily be displayed side by side. The startup time is abysmal as well, and that is on an SSD. Nvidia please...

[​IMG]

2. Grall

Grall Invisible Member
    Legend

Yeah, windows 9x running on a 480P display called and wanted their visual appearance back. :p

Alexko, entity279 and Lightman like this.
  3. swaaye

swaaye Entirely Suboptimal
    Legend

Startup time seems to depend on which page you are returning to. The 3D settings page does that games scan. Some other pages scan for other things / hardware statuses.

They might have an interest in keeping it simple and familiar. I assume it hasn't been merged with NV Experience because most people don't want NV Experience.

What do you guys think of AMD's new thing? I think CCC was actually better even though that thing was a confusing nightmare as well.

#3 swaaye, Jul 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  4. ninelven

Veteran

It is not an aesthetics issue but a usability one. It is disgraceful. Period.

5. swaaye

swaaye Entirely Suboptimal
    Legend

I see. Yeah it could use some fine tuning but I'm happy with it overall. It works.

6. Kaarlisk

Regular Newcomer Subscriber

Actually, it is a plus for usability that the explanations for settings are immediately visible. I've only changed them rarely, so having to wait for a tooltip for every setting would be... irritating.

7. CarstenS

Veteran Subscriber

I wish I could like this post more than once.

Lightman likes this.
  8. ninelven

Veteran

When you log in and a post disappears reminding you not to reply..... feels good man. :grin: