Nvidia Control Panel in 2016

ninelven

PM
Veteran
Something that has really been wearing on me lately, is the layout and performance of the nvidia control panel. For 2016, it is shameful. Huge swaths of whitespace, but I still need a scrollbar to see all of my settings. Explanations that are almost certainly one time affairs (at most) are given a dedicated space (tooltips and helpfile guys). And program settings are on a tab when they could very easily be displayed side by side. The startup time is abysmal as well, and that is on an SSD. Nvidia please...

nvcp.jpg

Startup time seems to depend on which page you are returning to. The 3D settings page does that games scan. Some other pages scan for other things / hardware statuses.

They might have an interest in keeping it simple and familiar. I assume it hasn't been merged with NV Experience because most people don't want NV Experience.

What do you guys think of AMD's new thing? I think CCC was actually better even though that thing was a confusing nightmare as well.

Last edited:
Actually, it is a plus for usability that the explanations for settings are immediately visible. I've only changed them rarely, so having to wait for a tooltip for every setting would be... irritating.

Something that has really been wearing on me lately, is the layout and performance of the nvidia control panel. For 2016, it is shameful. Huge swaths of whitespace, but I still need a scrollbar to see all of my settings. Explanations that are almost certainly one time affairs (at most) are given a dedicated space (tooltips and helpfile guys). And program settings are on a tab when they could very easily be displayed side by side. The startup time is abysmal as well, and that is on an SSD. Nvidia please...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1145468/nvcp.jpg
I wish I could like this post more than once.

Back