Nvidia "Community Outreach"

Discussion in 'General 3D Technology' started by Geo, Dec 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf Specious Misanthrope
    Legend

Like it or not you are an investment to them.

2. RobertR1

RobertR1 Pro
    Legend

Nice analogy........so now this is a full time job and not just an off hours beta feedback gig with minor incentives???

So the incentives outweighed your reputation? It would seem so, right?

3. Ailuros

Ailuros Epsilon plus three
    Legend Subscriber

Why do you guys always understand what you want to understand or what is comfortable for your imagery at any given time?

I do have a real time job in the hospitality branch and I also teach specialized software in a private university. I was merely drawing a parallel; I have 165 co-workers at my main job. Now how many chances I agree with all of them on how they do their work?

4. John Reynolds

John Reynolds Ecce homo
    Veteran

Dear lord, now the witch hunt turns on the guy who nicely tried to get this whole situation some fresh air.

5. XSBagage

Newcomer

Hmm after getting answers to my questions I still really don't know. For one how much are AEG members in the loop of what their purpose is. Who knows nV or better AEG is just trying to get something extra but is unsuccessful with the people here, but maybe they are with the people elsewhere.
    Anyway I think there are a lot of blanks that aren't filled in and probably can't be filled in except by nV or AEG but then you'd have to take their word for it.
    So to conclude, I don't doubt the good intentions of the members here however I do doubt the good intentions of nV or AEG.

6. Ailuros

Legend Subscriber

I'm not that cheap thank you.

7. AlphaWolf

Legend

You are either misunderstanding, or choosing to be obstinate.

8. Ailuros

Legend Subscriber

There's no misunderstanding at all. Re-read all my former posts in this thread it might help.

9. ben6

Regular

My blood is red, green, blue, (um what's the color for AMD green too?)

10. Dio

Dio
    Veteran

I've always had 'drivers' as part of my employment in the profile. To make sure there's no confusion in the future, I've added 'for ATI' to it, although given what I've said over the last few years, I highly doubt there's been any confusion on that point. Except by Dave maybe :D

11. KimB

Legend

Sounds like a lovely shade of brown :)

12. AlphaWolf

Legend

I've read the whole thread. AEG/Nvidia has money invested in this program, if you think they don't monitor that, you're just a bit naive.

13. RobertR1

RobertR1 Pro
    Legend

It's not a witch hunt John. I'm not under the impression that all these guys were shills but I'm just bringing attention to the fact that this program is multifaceted and the evidence is clearly infront of the us with the various personalities involved.

Does this discredit anything that CR and Auliros have posted, not for me. Does it discredit stuff rollo has posted, absolutely. 2 very different peronalities under the same program with the same intentions. Sorry, not buying it.

14. wireframe

Veteran

Just some thoughts I had:

1) Given the "secret" nature of AEG and now this "not-so-very-secret" unveiling of sorts, what's stopping anyone from claiming they represent AEG and what does that mean?

2) If everyone associated with the AEG (Nvidia) outreach program comes forward, will this openness cause a backlash where people will go hunting for the ATI counterparts? (because surely people will think that once they know who the "evil greens" are they will start to wonder if there are any "pesky reds." Such is the nature of secrecy, curiosity, and dare I say, a healthy does of paranoia.)

I think AEG has done a marvellous job "snapping up" the right people here. I'd be hard pressed to choose better people to "represent" my interests. They all have a history of arguing ponts of fact as opposed to just tossing around "the same ol'". Of course, I had done all I could to "acquire" DemoCoder as well, just to make sure my hand was complete (no offense, I hope! It's supposed to be a compliment.)

Congratulations guys. You deserve to have hardware given to you because I think we all agree that you give very much back to the community.:cool:

15. Ailuros

Legend Subscriber

I think I have a way better understanding how the hole thing works for the past 2 years then your guesswork.

#895 Ailuros, Feb 9, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2006
  16. Ailuros

Legend Subscriber

If the purpose of the program would truly be for us to run and create a "buzz" about anything you might actually have a point.

17. RobertR1

RobertR1 Pro
    Legend

Look up multi faceted and then come back.

18. Ailuros

Legend Subscriber

Giving feedback to a company like AEG about hardware and it's drivers has absolutely nothing to do with anyone's public behaviour anywhere.

19. ben6

Regular

One thing I always do is mention that specific kit came with a new CPU or <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.qklinkserver.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=92&k=video%20card&st=1" onmouseover="window.status='Search for: video card'; self.ql_skeyphrase='video%20card'; if(window.event) self.ql_sevent=window.event.srcElement; self.ql_timeout = setTimeout('ql_doMouseOver(1)', 1000); self.ql_isOverLink=true; return true;" onclick="if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; ql_closeiframe(); self.ql_skeyphrase='video%20card'; window.status='Search for: video card';return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; setTimeout('ql_closeiframe()', 1500); ">video card</a> or motherboard. For example, one year I got a AMD CPU from NV, memory, video card and another year I got a Intel CPU, memory, hdd mobo from ATI. I mentioned this in the reviews but does that mean it changed my perception of said mobo? I don't think it did.

Many times Intel and AMD have sent out <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.qklinkserver.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=92&k=video%20cards&st=1" onmouseover="window.status='Search for: video cards'; self.ql_skeyphrase='video%20cards'; if(window.event) self.ql_sevent=window.event.srcElement; self.ql_timeout = setTimeout('ql_doMouseOver(1)', 1000); self.ql_isOverLink=true; return true;" onclick="if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; ql_closeiframe(); self.ql_skeyphrase='video%20cards'; window.status='Search for: video cards';return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; setTimeout('ql_closeiframe()', 1500); ">video cards</a>, hdds, cases power meters etc with their review kits for CPU, as long as the fact that the components were provided by the company in question is mentioned in the review where's the problem?

#899 ben6, Feb 9, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2006
  20. RobertR1

RobertR1 Pro
    Legend

And why are you so convinced that different people can't have different roles under the program controlled by a large marketing firm???

AlphaWolf likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.