Nvidia "Community Outreach"

Discussion in 'General 3D Technology' started by Geo, Dec 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trinibwoy

trinibwoy Meh
    Legend

The hole in that argument is the fact that Rollo was Rollo BEFORE he joined AEG.

2. Runner

Newcomer

3. Ailuros

Ailuros Epsilon plus three
    Legend Subscriber

My "evaluation" is consistently negatively affected by the fact that I'm greek, have a goatee and don't drink when I'm driving. I'm sorry if you did expect a serious answer, but there's no evaluation going on.

4. trinibwoy

trinibwoy Meh
    Legend

Well if not ATi, what was the motivation for all this? You seemed to expend significant effort in keeping the torches burning :smile:

5. AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf Specious Misanthrope
    Legend

Different target market, different way to reach your goals. Obviously a rollo would have no impact at b3d as evidenced by the way he gets piled on every time he tried to post here, but that's not to say he's not useful in his home market (anand).

I also don't buy the friend at nvidia crap coming from rollo, his friend at nvidia is likely just AEG.

6. Ailuros

Legend Subscriber

I said it's a one liner in the CC when I get an email from AEG. It's an indirect confirmation that they are actually only less than a handful of individuals involved.

7. gostriker

Newcomer

Yes in exactly the same way that it reflects on our little beta testing program. The guys here obviously have the talent for beta testing - but you just need to read the AEG website to know that there are other facets (using people with a different skill set) happening. I just don't buy the line that a multi million dollar company made a little mistake by hiring the janitor's son. Oh well time will tell. Thanks for the opportunity of posting here on a subject I can least pretend to know something about. :lol: Back into lurker mode I go.

8. KimB

Legend

Well, let me just say that I would not lie about it. I probably wouldn't have responded, but I wouldn't have lied. I don't think you can actually place anybody under a legal obligation to lie, anyway.

I do, however, really appreciate that you didn't ask.

9. Geo

Geo Mostly Harmless
    Legend

You mean mine? And what does "if not ATI" mean in the context of my motivation?

I'd tell you my motivation, but I have before in this thread and elsewhere around the net, and frankly I think you and your friends would laugh and ridicule it --so no thanks.

Actually, it had pretty much died out until first PA and then Consumerist fired it up again. And you'll note both Hanners and I tried our best to kill that connection between the PA letter and AEG's program, as we thought it inaccurate and unfair.

10. Kynes

Newcomer

Then choosing Rollo was a bad movement by AEG/nVidia if they didn't knew how he was, but shame to them if they did knew it.

11. AlphaWolf

Legend

You think no one at AEG monitors their investment?

12. KimB

Legend

Sure. But the question is: what do you think their goal is in the existence of this focus group?

13. N00b

Regular

I apologize for the "honesty" part, I should have written "full disclosure" and "less secrecy". Sorry.
    Yet you put them into a position where they were suspected by other people and, had they been under a legal obligation, maybe had to lie to other people had they been asked. So I still believe you should have asked. They could have given you a "no comment" without lying.

I'm not saying it was wrong of you make it public, but it could have been handled a better way. I think it's very good that we know what AEG is and what their program is about. Like I sayed in a previous post, nVidia should have been open about it in the first place.

No, I'm not complaining. I think your last sentence lightens is up a bit. Thanks for the answer.

14. Ailuros

Legend Subscriber

Let me see I spent most of my time in a greek and in a german forum. Try to monitor me there LOL :D

15. RobertR1

RobertR1 Pro
    Legend

So if Auiros states only a handful of people are in the program and the person supervising the program has no knowledge of rollo's conduct, then this program was poorly managed. Frankly, that part doesn't add up at all.

If the other members resented rollo's actions enough, why not ask him to be removed and not have their reputations associated with a selective program they're all a part of? or perhaps even leave the program altogether if it bothered them enough.

16. Ailuros

Legend Subscriber

Do you pick your co-workers at your job or leave it if one of them doesn't work the same way you do? No I don't like all my co-workers at my job in my real life either, but that won't affect how I do my work and I won't either protest against anybody either. The responsibility and judgement for such manners lies entirely in the hands of my employer.

17. AlphaWolf

Legend

Are you the only person that speaks german or greek? I expect they at the very least make cursory glances at your posting habits, even if they have to use a crappy online translator to do so, they probably get the gist of it. I doubt they want to be sponsoring someone who is performing counter to their goals, the only way they could make certain of that is to monitor performance.

18. Geo

Geo Mostly Harmless
    Legend

Maybe; this s*t ain't easy and this was my first (and hopefully only for some time to come! Tho I'd feel obligated to push a similar campaign if someone I respected came to me with similiar credible information on ATI doing it too, as I requested in the first post on this thread) sail upon the sea of serious controversy.

Tho, having said that, I'm happy Chal thinks I made the right call on not bracing him about it (see a few posts up).

19. AlphaWolf

Legend

Well if they answer my question posted above I'll be able to easily answer yours.

20. Ailuros

Legend Subscriber

They most certainly speak only english, of that I'm certain. I'm neither an investment as you've put it and nor am I sponsored by anyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.