nvidia/ATI roadmaps for remainder of 04?

Discussion in '3D Hardware, Software & Output Devices' started by Johnny Rotten, Jul 22, 2004.

1. Johnny Rotten

Regular

Can anyone point me to any leaked/hinted roadmaps for ATI/nvidias roadmaps for the remainder of this year? I know both companies have seemingly been interested in slowing down the technological pace somewhat, so I'm curious if we're going to see refresh products this year or not (ie october/november timeframe, which would be somewhat odd given that its going to likely be mid august at the earliest before we even start seeing saturation of high end ATI/nvidia parts ).

Any hints as to what we might be seeing? (15-20% higher clocked parts on a .11u process?)

2. Johnny Rotten

Regular

guess not huh? :( :p

3. jvd

jvd
    Banned

The ram is going to limit things alot. The 1.6ns ram is already in tight supply

4. Richteralan

Regular

Actually some ASUS and Albatron 6800s now shipping with 2.0ns RAM.

5. Tim

Tim
    Regular

110nm process won't clock higher than the 130nm low-k process, infact it will clock lower. They might gain 10-15%(maybe even more) by tweaks on the 130nm process.