NVIDIA: 15-20% Intel chipset share by year end 'seems reasonable'.

B3D News

Beyond3D News
Regular
NVIDIA executives talked at the JPMorgan Technology Conference on Tuesday, and several interesting tidbits came up, from their ambitious market share expectations in Intel chipsets to the technical reason for G92 yield problems and the revelation that G92/G92b will last another '6-8 to 12 months'.

Read the full news item

They expect that with just the endlessly delayed MCP7A and the now relatively old 750/780 (besides the top end 790i SLI) to show off ?
An uphill battle indeed, especially when any new Nvidia chipset will take some time to trickle down into the market, and P45/G45 seems like a very aggressive part -if not a particularly innovative one on the technical side-...

This could also mean that MCP73 might have been the last of its kind at Nvidia, and MCP7A will shoot for a higher base price.

They expect that with just the endlessly delayed MCP7A and the now relatively old 750/780 (besides the top end 790i SLI) to show off ?
The line-up for the Winter OEM cycle will likely be MCP73->MCP7C->MCP7A, all of them available in multiple variants.
An uphill battle indeed, especially when any new Nvidia chipset will take some time to trickle down into the market, and P45/G45 seems like a very aggressive part -if not a particularly innovative one on the technical side-...
Well, MCP7A will obviously have design wins in the Back-to-School cycle, and they were only thinking of Q4 market share; still, it is very aggressive, yeah.
This could also mean that MCP73 might have been the last of its kind at Nvidia, and MCP7A will shoot for a higher base price.
Don't think so, as I said above I think MCP73 will subsist for som time, and MCP7C is also lower-end than MCP7A. As to the exact specs of 7C, who the hell knows!

Well, MCP77 is MCP78 and MCP7A is MCP79, so presumably MCP7C is MCP7B too :p (go figure!) - but no, NV's chipset codenames don't work like that (not that the way they work is very reassuring either, mind you...)

Back