NV36, NV39 "confirmed" ?

Discussion in 'Architecture and Products' started by overclocked, Apr 30, 2003.

1. overclocked

Veteran

Maybe a dumb question but i was thinking of getting a cheaper DX9 card in a couple of month´s.
    The card i been thinking of is the 9600Pro. I saw that NV35 is going too be launched in a few week´s so does that mean that Nvidia will launch a "new" mainstream card?

It would seem strange too me atleast because you cannot buy the NV31, only the NV34 for the moment in Sweden.
    So will this new core/core´s if they exist´s replace the "older" NV31 and NV34 so fast that Nvidia will dump them?

Also in a couple reviews i have read that NV31 has some tech from NV35, is this true?

2. Lezmaka

Regular

NV36 is pretty much as confirmed as you're gonna get at this point. Rumors were originally saying announced sometime in June, but I think some other rumors are saying its getting pushed back.

Never even heard NV39 before. Is that just something you made up?

3. overclocked

Veteran

Yes i was thinking of NV34~39. :oops:

4. Mephisto

Newcomer

I already see TheInquirer, TheRegister & Co. soon having "secret" information about an NVidia chip called NV39 ... :roll:

5. Dave Baumann

Dave Baumann Gamerscore Wh...
    Moderator Legend

You mean you hadn't heard of it before??

6. Arun

Arun Unknown.
    Moderator Legend Veteran

Dave: Err, sorry, kinda tired, but what do you mean there exactly? That the NV39 does exist? Eh, must admit, I don't have any real info on those type of things. And with CMKRNL being AWOL, well, that type of info is getting rarer too :(

As for the NV36... I'm not too sure anymore. I'd be very surprised if it was announced in June anyway since Computex has been delayed ( or cancelled, don't remember ).
    But anyway, I got some tape-out related info which would make a June launch very strange anyway.

Degustator, if you read this, please check your PM.

Uttar

7. overclocked

Veteran

Is it going to be faster with AA + Aniso than the 9600pro?
    Is the Quality "that" much better on 9600 then on the 5600?