NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. WII WII NINTENDO OF AMERICA Nov-09 1.39M
ASSASSIN'S CREED II 360 UBISOFT Nov-09 794.7K
LEFT 4 DEAD 2 360 ELECTRONIC ARTS Nov-09 744.0K
WII SPORTS RESORT* WII NINTENDO OF AMERICA Jul-09 720.2K
WII FIT PLUS* WII NINTENDO OF AMERICA Oct-09 679.0K
ASSASSIN'S CREED II PS3 UBISOFT Nov-09 448.4K
DRAGON AGE: ORIGINS* 360 ELECTRONIC ARTS Nov-09 362.1K
MARIO KART W/ WHEEL WII NINTENDO OF AMERICA Apr-08 315.0K

o_O. I've not been (and usually am not) following the latest console sales gossip but were these numbers expected?

I always like these sales threads, because they are in the ball park estimations, but the accuracy of their numbers is silly, as they don't know the real sales numbers.

CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 2* PS3 ACTIVISION BLIZZARD Nov-09 tilde 2M

would make more sense.

Dunno about expectations... And we sort of already knew how ridiculous MW2 was going to sell, but it just seems... insane with the breakdown. :p

CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 2* PS3 ACTIVISION BLIZZARD Nov-09 tilde 2M
would make more sense.

So you believe that the counting of one game to another is different?

o_O. I've not been (and usually am not) following the latest console sales gossip but were these numbers expected?

I think people generally expect PS3 to outsell Xbox 360 this November due to the recent price drop and aggressive marketing.

Most would expect Wii to lead again due to the price drop.

Not by Pachter they weren't. I'm very impressed by the XBox numbers. The $100 walmart promotion and other promotions must have been bigger than people thought.

Very surprising numbers.

I need to pick AC2 and MW2 at some point. Dragon Age charting is a little surprising to me as well given the other games out there at the moment.

were these numbers expected?
yes, in fact Ild say these would be the least surprising numbers for many months
NPDnovA.png

NPDnovB.png

NPDnovC.png

wii down massively year on year (went off the charts sorry the figure was -780k)

I'm glad l4d2 did good. Now I don't feel bad for buying MW2 instead. Microsoft did much better than I expected but Sony's numbers should not be looked down upon when you compare them to last year. Sony has made a great comeback but I think MW2 was exactly what Microsoft needed to pull ahead. Still they can't gloat about their numbers like they did last year.

The 440k sold for PS3 for black friday weekend was all NPD, right? So up until the end of the month, PS3 had sold only 270k -- and still we had reports all month long that the PS3 was selling like hotcakes, hahaha.

Wow! Like most, I am surprised the 360 came out over the PS3.
Nevertheless, it is a much needed improvement over last year
for the Sony camp.

I'm sad to hear numbers are down all around, but games I like
are selling :smile:

Wow at 360. Going by net accounts, it should have sold poorly. Guess not.
lol at PSP.

God damn MW2. You're a beast.
Nice to see AC2 and L4D2 selling that good. I'm excited to see which games hold up for Dec. I'm much more interested in Software numbers than HW numbers for Dec.

Nothing too surprising, huge FPS game release, $99 Arcades, and $50 gift certificates move product. Whoda thunk.

While MW2 #'s are not surprising, they're still amazing to see in B&W no doubt. Btw, 360 MW2 sold more than the entire 360 in top 20 last yr combined. Wow.

For comparison, NPD November 2008:

Wii - 2,040,000
Nintendo DS - 1,570,000
Xbox 360 - 836,000
PSP - 421,000
Playstation 3 - 378,000
Playstation 2 - 206,000

While Wii is still selling, a 50% drop after a price drop. Ouch.

Don't we have another thread that goes many pages about how poorly the 360 did on Black Friday because they had no good bundles that anybody wanted, and how the PS3 wiped the floor with the 360 and was on its way to dominance?

I'd say that if you read that Black Friday thread and come take a look at these numbers for the entire month, it is quite a shock to see the 360 outselling the PS3 for Nov.

I'm also pretty surprised how many game units the 360 moved the month before Christmas (and if you look at Live numbers, these games are being played.. not held as gifts for next month). AC2, L4D2, and MW2.. I really thought they'd cannibalize each other's sales. And while they might have, they still all did extremely well.

Is there anything left in the pipeline for Dec? Or should we expect to see these same top sellers maintain their places next month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back