November 29-December 2, 2019: Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals

AzBat

Agent of the Bat
Legend
That time of the year again. The Walmart ad is linked below.

I'm only listing the hardware game deals they have...

• Playstation 4 1TB Bundle(The Last of Us Remastered, & digital downloads of God of War & Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition) - $199
  • Xbox One S 1TB All-Digital Edition(Minecraft, Sea of Thieves & Fortnite) - $149
  • Xbox Live 3-Month Subscription - $15
  • Xbox One X 1TB Gears 5 Bundle(Gears of War 1-5 digital download) - $349
  • Xbox One S 1TB Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Bundle - $199
  • Xbox One Controllers(Winter Forces Camo, Midnight Forces III Camo) - $39
  • Playstation 4 Controllers(Red & Gold) - $39
  • Nintendo Switch with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - $299
  • Nintendo Switch Retro Wireless Controller - $29

https://www.walmart.com/store/weekly-ads?flyer_run_id=397924&flyer_type_name=ad

Tommy McClain

At $150 the discless XBoneS is a very compelling streaming device since it costs as much as the low-end Shield TV, and the $200 XBoneS is compelling as a UHD Bluray player + streaming device.

Is it me or do the Sony and Nintendo deals seem incredibly mediocre?

Is it me or do the Sony and Nintendo deals seem incredibly mediocre?

Yes, but seeing as how both Sony and Nintendo will sell far more units this Christmas season than Microsoft, why would they bother reducing margins? Sony and Nintendo have so much demand for their products right now, the only way Microsoft can compete is to try and be the least expensive option. Microsoft just doesn't have the exclusive software to really make their hardware stand out. Sony has a much broader lineup of very high quality software on top of having the more capable piece of hardware (base models). Nintendo carved out its niche in the market by bringing its full lineup of exclusives to one piece of hardware that can be played anywhere, and with Pokemon releasing and having the less expensive Switch Lite available, Nintendo will be moving massive numbers this year.

I do agree that the Xbox One S discless is a very good option if your in the market for a streaming device. That model with a subscription to gamepass would be a very good value proposition for parents who have no real preference on what console they are buying little Jimmy this year.

I do agree that the Xbox One S discless is a very good option if your in the market for a streaming device. That model with a subscription to gamepass would be a very good value proposition for parents who have no real preference on what console they are buying little Jimmy this year.

Going into the Holiday season, an XBO-S all digital + Game Pass would keep pretty much any kid busy for a long long time.

Kind of surprised there's no XBO-S all digital bundle that includes Game Pass. That seems like a no brainer to me. Say 199 or 229 for the Black Friday/Cyber Monday bundle which would include a full year of Game Pass. Get them locked into the subscription service.

Regards,
SB

Yes, but seeing as how both Sony and Nintendo will sell far more units this Christmas season than Microsoft, why would they bother reducing margins? .

I mean, this seems a USA focused post and thread, so certainly not. MS always does well in the holidays, they know the US culture. They beat PS4 in sales in either Nov or Dec last year I dont recall which, and they typically break a million units both months. Really the holidays are what sustain the Xbox brand. They are not that far behind PS4 in the USA, what is 25m vs 30 or something? Holidays is a big reason why.

The Switch yes will have way more demand than either Xbox or PS4. I'd agree with that. It's also many years newer.

Anyways I dont see anything Xbox has pricing wise Sony doesnt except a $50 cheaper discless model which is expected with a lower BOM and a less powerful console specced with cheaper DDR. Although the 349 X1X bundles are also nice.

Back