Not to be a butthole, but Dave please throw us a bone.

As has most likely been discussed in another thread, Hannibal's articles on the matter are kinda full of crap. Comparing the XBox360's cores to PPEs... Having no clue how physics/AI/etc. can work (that is, it's not because some methods are branch-hungry that all are, and some most definitively aren't - whether they are the easiest to implement is another thing entirely)
I couldn't see any obvious problems with his analyses of the R500 but then again I stopped halfway through because his interpretation felt a bit too original to my liking. Implying Dave's work won't be a good order of magnitude or two better seems heretic to me ;)
But yeah, give Dave time, for all you know he might not be authorized or able to post it yet. And such a different architecture needs a pretty long article to be explained properly, too.

Uttar

cthellis, you said it too :oops:

Really, give Dave a break. He had to travel to E3, get bombed by our questions, mod the forum, etc... I cannot wait to get the scoop on RSX and Xenos and I am CERTAIN Dave's Xenos article is going to be very insightful. But give him time ;)

Good things come to those who wait... and if you tick him off too much he may make us wait longer and then we will all be VERY mad at YOU! :devilish:

;)

Aye dave has alot going on . He was at e3 then the crossfire launch . Give him a break :) He also has a wife... would you rather be typing up an article on xenos or hanging out with your wife ?

ralexand said:
Acert93 said:
I've chewed on it and spit it out. The 2nd article was particularly depressing.

Looking to read something more in line with your own views? ;) Don't discount things just because they're not what you want to hear..

Anyway, I'm sure Dave's article will be available as soon as it's done.

Titanio said:
ralexand said:
Acert93 said:
I've chewed on it and spit it out. The 2nd article was particularly depressing.

Looking to read something more in line with your own views? ;) Don't discount things just because they're not what you want to hear..

Anyway, I'm sure Dave's article will be available as soon as it's done.
Thanks for the advice. I would rather being reading something that makes since and that's backed up with facts not conjecture.

The article is done, however its currently back with ATI to discuss what I can and can't actually publish.

19 A4 pages in Word (Veranda 9pt). I suspect that will go down fairly significantly. The areas that I'm most concerned about them being concerned about is how the shaders handle latency operations and the detail of how the threading is handled - we went into some reasonable detail there and as this is next gen stuff its still quite sensitive. Hopefully what isn't in there initially we'll be able to release at a later date.

Bear in mind that I had meetings with Bob at E3, like everyone else, however Bob is a bit more of a hands off VP and he realised that I'd want to go into greater detail than he knew offhand. For this reason I had a conference call with two of the primary architects, but their job is not to be a PR filter so I agrred to let Bob and the PR guys a look before publishing.

19 pages :oops: 9 font :oops: You're a machine Dave!

Oh, and will you have a downloadable version?

DaveBaumann said:
19 A4 pages in Word (Veranda 9pt). I suspect that will go down fairly significantly. The areas that I'm most concerned about them being concerned about is how the shaders handle latency operations and the detail of how the threading is handled - we went into some reasonable detail there and as this is next gen stuff its still quite sensitive. Hopefully what isn't in there initially we'll be able to release at a later date.

Bear in mind that I had meetings with Bob at E3, like everyone else, however Bob is a bit more of a hands off VP and he realised that I'd want to go into greater detail than he knew offhand. For this reason I had a conference call with two of the primary architects, but their job is not to be a PR filter so I agrred to let Bob and the PR guys a look before publishing.
oooo nice :D

.. I am now looking forward to the article even more :)

Back