NoA promotions - Reggie is now President!

Discussion in 'Console Industry' started by Titanio, May 25, 2006.

1. Titanio

Legend

Go Reggie! :D

This is very good news, I think. I know he has a bit of "the showman" about him, but it strikes me that NoA has been much better off since he joined, and I think it's a good thing he has more power now.

#1 Titanio, May 25, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2006
  2. Blade

Veteran

Howard Lincoln was a good president.

Reggie really has stepped up on presence though.

3. Guden Oden

Guden Oden Senior Member
    Legend

Reggie seems to have created a good name for himself in the online gaming press by being outspoken, carismatic and having a sense of humor from what I've been able to gather. These promotions do not strike me as an overly bad choice at all! :)

A lot has changed with Nintendo since that old dinosaur Hiroshi Yamauchi stepped down. I don't think the company would have had the recent success it has, had he still been at the helm. He seemed to be much too conservative for going with the DS, and Wii especially.

4. Titanio

Legend

I thought I read DS was his idea originally..

Yamauchi was anything but conservative, really. Afterall, he took his company from card-making to videogames! He was not reluctant to embrace massive shifts in his business.

5. StefanS

StefanS meandering Velosoph
    Veteran

Yeah, I read that, too. In fact,it was Satoru Iwata himself who said that in an interview, I believe.
    Anyway, this is great news, not because Lincoln was such a bad president, but because Fils-Aimee has such a knack for PR. He's turned into kind of a recognizeable icon who is loved by the gaming media.

6. Gholbine

Regular

Of all the PR people of the big three console manufacturers, I think Reggie is by far the best. He represents a level of confidence and conviction that Peter Moore and Kaz Hirai can't hope to match, IMO. He was great at E3 2006.

7. MechanizedDeath

Regular

I definitely agree here. I saw him on G4's E3 coverage, and he really came across as a guy who knows what he's talking about. Really likeable, and clearly working wonders for Nintendo. That's definitely a well-deserved promotion. PEACE.