No Man's Sky [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC, NX, XGP]

For all its impressiveness (is that a word?), this game doesn't strike me as a mega GPU demanding. Surely they can squeeze out a little VR mode? If driveclub could......

I just saw this video:

It's recorded at 60fps. As far as I'm aware that's the first indication of it running at that framerate.

Further evidence of the game being on Playstation VR? If it is, then June seems likely for both the device and the game.

I just saw this video:

It's recorded at 60fps. As far as I'm aware that's the first indication of it running at that framerate.

Further evidence of the game being on Playstation VR? If it is, then June seems likely for both the device and the game.

In Eurogamer interview of Jim ryan the journalist thinks No Man Sky will be a launch PSVR title and he ask the question to Jim Ryan
Apologies for rattling through games - No Man's Sky had a release date. Part of me presumed - I'm good at making assumptions that end up being wrong...

Jim Ryan: As long as you attribute those assumptions to yourself!

That struck me as something that would sit alongside PlayStation VR, and it'd be a launch game.

Jim Ryan: Well, your assumption is an interesting one.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...absent-from-sonys-show-the-jim-ryan-interview

Very nice - thanks. I missed that interview. I agree it sounds like he doesn't want to spoil any further announcements. If anyone's that evasive you know there's a good chance it's true.

Sony's releases for next year have really made me excited about gaming again. Some of their releases aren't just another in a long running series of games that look prettier but are fundamentally the same.

We've really got these games that innovate like nothing before. Between this and Dreams it really shows that the industry CAN innovate. That and the advent of VR makes for exciting times.

I can already see it; this game will have super polarised reviews. With most being towards the negative spectrum..
But for me it won't matter; it will probably be my space-DriveClub so to speak :)

I am sure it will be amazing with PSVR

I can already see it; this game will have super polarised reviews. With most being towards the negative spectrum..

This is often the case with open sandbox games without curated objectives. I love the idea of No Man's Sky and will be getting it on release day but I share the concerns of others in that when you have an insanely massive universe to explore with much cool stuff in it, 99% of your players will never see it.

I fully expect after the first 20 planets I visit to never want to explore any more because you're just seeing variations of a theme - space cow seed 28738586, four planets over you see space cow seed 87263765. Slightly different models, different elongations, different colours etc.

It looks like the kind of game I'll love for 20 hours then never touch again - not unless there really is some core gameplay in there that they have not shown yet. If the planetary visits and exploration are a means to an end, to gather resources for a larger distinct purpose like the big space battles that they've shown glimpses off, then I could play for months. It needs some core Elite DNA in its mix.

New screens
24836727414_4ebd7443a2_o.png

24840560613_f29153598f_o.png

25467285735_e549fc933a_o.png

25374409451_cb61345ee3_o.png

@DieH@rd: nah ,as good as that was, this one is from the past and the future at the same time ! The feeling of exploration And wonder emnating from the image is simply unmatched.

As for the price, IMO, they are seriously limiting their audience by pricing it at $60. There is so much of mystery surrounding this game that those curious ones will not risk it at that price. Just like I haven't bought The Witness yet due to the $40 tag. I do not know whether The Witness can hold me with just drawing lines ! At $20 I can try it but not at 40.

Its a very subjective thing .

For No Man's Sky, I am convinced about me enjoying it, even i f I spend days just trying to find my way out of one planet. I love the send eof wonder an di will find it here, I know ! But the number of ppl curious about this game is really high and they would have jumped in at a lower price point. $60 is too prohibitive for trying out something that might be very eccentric and new.

Just my two cents. If it was $30, every ps4 owner wo has heard of the fame would want to buy it .

If the planetary visits and exploration are a means to an end, to gather resources for a larger distinct purpose like the big space battles that they've shown glimpses off, then I could play for months. It needs some core Elite DNA in its mix.
Ok, so the Eurogamer article about what it's like to play No Man's Sky was published a short while after my post and there does indeed seem to be a deeper space exploration and combat element and visiting planets really is a means to an end - just a way to gather resources, clearly you can steal them so you can probably trade for them as well:

There are races and factions, traders and pirates and organisations with which allegiances can be formed. Find yourself in the depths of space riding alongside a flotilla of freighter ships when a pirate attacks, and you'll find that convoy comes to your aid - or, alternatively, you could open fire yourself on the cargo holds that bulge out until they explode, gathering up some of that loot for yourself. An ally lost, a hold full of carbon gained; it's a vast space that No Man's Sky offers, but it's underpinned by a framework that's sturdy, perhaps even familiar.​

I'm sold.

I'm super excited for this. However a little bummed out from the non mention of vr support.

I preordered on amazon for the pc

Back