Nintendo Switch upcoming Games?

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by swaaye, Jul 19, 2017.

1. swaaye

swaaye Entirely Suboptimal
    Legend

So..... besides the useless, perpetual, cross platform comparisons, what upcoming games do you guys feel are interesting and might be tailor made for the Switch?

2. Entropy

Veteran

Obvious answer - Nintendo titles will be tailor made for the Switch.
    Personally I play mostly on PC, meaning that the Switch plays a filler role for me, (and my daughters who otherwise game on iPads). Unfortunately I don't appreciate platformers where Nintendo systems have a great tradition, so once you've excluded shooters and other games better suited to kb+m input, the pickings for this first year is limited.
    Splatoon
    Xenoblade 2
    Mario Odyssey

Oops, one "shooter" and one "platformer". But these seem as if they could be really good. Honestly though, with my limitations in time and with Mario Kart and Splatoon being skill based games, this is ample. Toss in the odd "a few minutes of fun" games like Bomberman or if you're two or more Snipperclips and such like and we are well served for this first year. It's not as if we aren't drowning in entertainment options as it is.

swaaye likes this.
  3. RenegadeRocks

Legend

Can you guys point me to some fun Co-op games for switch? Need to play something simple with my 4.5years old daughter. Mario odyssey 's co op is very half baked to be honest. I am enjoying Xenoblade massively but need some family fun.

4. tongue_of_colicab

Veteran

I'm looking forward to Suda 51's new no more heroes like game on Switch. I think that is supposed to release sometime 2018?

Despite all their flaws I liked no more heroes and killer is dead.

Other than that I have no idea what is coming out. Is Metroid supposed to appear in 2018? I'm hoping for a new donkey Kong game as well but I guess that will be 2019. Hopefully Nintendo releases some ports of good wuu games that nobody played.

orangpelupa likes this.
  5. Silent_Buddha

Legend

6. Silent_Buddha

Legend

Dark Souls remastered series coming to the Switch! Wow! That's going to be interesting.

Regards,
    SB

7. McHuj

Veteran Regular Subscriber

Pretty excited about Dark Souls on Switch. I’m planning on picking up a Switch in the next couple of months and that will be on the buy list.

I wish there was a date announced for Octopath in this past Direct. I was hoping it was going to be an early/mid 2018 release.

Silent_Buddha likes this.
  8. Silent_Buddha

Legend

Yeah I definitely want more information on Octopath, including what the final name will be.

Regards,
    SB

9. Sigfried1977

Legend Veteran

Hopefully From uses the opportunity to do a little more than polishing visuals. A complete redesign of Lost Izalith and its awful Bed of Chaos boss would be much appreciated.
    First thing I'm gonna buy for the Switch in 2018 will be the two Bayonettas, though.

10. AzBat

AzBat Agent of the Bat
    Legend Veteran

RootKit and Silent_Buddha like this.
  11. AzBat

AzBat Agent of the Bat
    Legend Veteran

Hands-on with Labo...

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...f_gaming_is_cardboard_thanks_to_nintendo_labo

This is ingenious...

Tommy McClain

milk and RootKit like this.
  12. cheapchips

Veteran Newcomer

Labo look awesome. $70 for kits though! Only Nintendo could find a way to charge that for cardboard!

Edit: although to be fair it's quite a lot of cardboard. Erm, and some of it's quite thick.

Edit edit: ah, $70 includes the cartridge too. Make more sense. What a great idea.

#12 cheapchips, Jan 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    AzBat likes this.
  13. Sigfried1977

Legend Veteran

10-year-old me would've loved that.