Nintendo press conf. comments

kyetech

Regular
if this thread exists please delete.

Ok folks its just about to start. opinions as it unfolds would be great. and a post mortem once its finished.

Nintendo have gota pul it out the bag. this time round. I for one have alot of faith in them. Its going to be very interesting to see it unfold.

Cheers

Mario Galaxy looks really interesting, and fun. I am really looking forward to this one.

I am not impressed with the way they are using the controller so far. I mean, a sword thrust in Zelda is the B button? Why don't you get to slash with the controller? The only thing they showed was bumping with your shield using the controller, which could have been done with accelerometers like the DS3.

And why is the Red Steele guy so bad at aiming? Does this bode anything for fast dead-on accuracy aiming (as you can do with the mouse)? He seemed to "over shoot" when moving him arm around until the target "settled".

FInally something that shows the promise of the Wii controller, the Red Steele sword fight...

Red Steel's katana features nice sword play, though.

Yoshi Island 2 for DS :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I really liked the bit in the Red Steele presentation when the guy shot holes in a paper screen and rays of light apeared through the holes, the game seems to have very impressive lighting. The particle effects are very nice as well, as are the extensive desctructable environments. The gameplay looks excellent, I think this is one of my most anticipated titles.

Demo, I think they're using a button for the main sword fighting in zelda because of the fact that its a GC/Wii game, not a game built for Wii from the ground up. You can see the kind of swords fighting your looking for in RS as you've seen, Zelda is only one game of many shown..

How many mario games do they want :(

We want NEW mascots ninty please ;)

EDIT : The conference has got boring now....... Ninty we dont care about the goddamn DS, show us Wii :(

!eVo!-X Ant UK said:
How many mario games do they want :(

We want NEW mascots ninty please ;)

EDIT : The conference has got boring now....... :(

I didn't remember reading comments like this about FF, Halo, MGS, etc. Nintendo fans quite like their franchises and they sell well (see what Link did for SC2). Nintendo has shown some new software like RS. I have not seen the whole conference, but comments like this are annoying. We had 1 "proper" Mario title last gen--nearly 5 years ago. Its about time we got another one!

Some slight corrections. In Zelda you can do a downthrust using the nunchuck. Also you can do a spinning combo with the nunchuck. The bow and arrow was self explanatory. Also I don't see any problems with Red Steel aiming. In fact it's the same as the aiming in Zelda.

Acert93 said:
I didn't remember reading comments like this about FF, Halo, MGS, etc. Nintendo fans quite like their franchises and they sell well (see what Link did for SC2). Nintendo has shown some new software like RS. I have not seen the whole conference, but comments like this are annoying. We had 1 "proper" Mario title last gen--nearly 5 years ago. Its about time we got another one!

My comment regarding mario was about the DS, there were about 4-5 mario games which sucks were's all the new stuff???

And as for the Console mario's, ninty needs to make em faster :p

EDIT : man that tennis game looks like so much fun :)

Only saw a few of Mario games spread over DS and Wii myself. Nintendo did show some new franchises as well:

ExciteTruck
Project H.A.M.M.E.R
Disaster Day

NANOTEC said:
Some slight corrections. In Zelda you can do a downthrust using the nunchuck. Also you can do a spinning combo with the nunchuck. The bow and arrow was self explanatory. Also I don't see any problems with Red Steel aiming. In fact it's the same as the aiming in Zelda.

I saw plenty of overaiming and what looked like auto-aim. If the controller is so precise, why would you need auto-aim.

Edit: Tennis, finally. I knew it, the only game that really shows the true power of the wiimote.

Back