Next week I pick up my PS4

blakjedi

Veteran
I'm more excited about PSN than most of the triple A release stuff... other than Resogun. any suggestion for gems in the PSN store?

There is only Resogun ;D I think Sony should just launch consoles to play Housemarque games, a new console for each Housemarque game :D

Flower was on PS3 also right? I think i tried it... let me look it up. I still have my PS3

If you got it on the PS3 then it's free on the PS4. It's had a pretty good makeover. Still the same game but at 1080p and with much better draw distances etc.

I found Don't Starve to be really addictive, and I rarely enjoy Indies.
Outlast will be coming to Plus members tomorrow and the critic opinions for the PC version have been really good.

P.S.: Yeah, that's right. I didn't enter the Indie bandwagon. Deal with it.

BTW, you have until today to pick up Resogun through the PSN Plus. On February 5th, Outlast comes in and Resogun + Don't Starve come out.

You can purchase the Plus games without a PS4. Just make the purchase through the PSN website.

BTW, you have until today to pick up Resogun through the PSN Plus. On February 5th, Outlast comes in and Resogun + Don't Starve come out.

You can purchase the Plus games without a PS4. Just make the purchase through the PSN website.

ah ok. ill do that on ps3 tonight

Yes, PS4 games can only be purchased with a PS4 or via website.

You might as well start accumulating the instant game collection for the Vita through the same method. You never know if you'll ever get one :)

I thought Resogun would be the one game that stayed in there forever? Vita and PS3 also have some of these games that are always in there (the Instant Game Collection bit). Shame if not.

Vita has indeed. But what else are they going to do? In terms of slightly bigger games, there's basically nothing coming out for the system anymore.

Vita has indeed. But what else are they going to do? In terms of slightly bigger games, there's basically nothing coming out for the system anymore.

Wut?
Borderlands 2, Final Fantasy X HD, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Freedom Wars, Phantasy Star Nova, Gravity Rush 2, Soul Sacrifice Delta and many other don't count as "slightly bigger games"?

PS3 software sales are alive and kicking, yet their instant game collection is much larger than Vita.
This has nothing to do with platform success and the Vita can't be measured by retail sales.
The Vita has established itself as what the PSPGo was meant to be: a platform that lives off of digital downloads. People prefer no to carry cartridges around when using a handheld console. I've been spending lots of money on digital downloads for the Vita, for example.

A bunch of ports of old-ass games or minor updates of ever so slightly less old-ass games wasn't really what I had in mind. Ys came out last year already and Phantasy Star Nova is Japan-only. And as cool as that Freedomn Wars game looks, it seems to be yet another fucking Monster Hunter clone. Gravity Rush 2 is indeed exciting though. That said, is that even for the Vita? The trailer(s) I've seen so far all were conspicuously vague about target platforms.
I do like indie games, but every now and then I also like something with a little more meat on its bones.

So I see your problem isn't the lack of new and exciting games.
It's the lack of new and exciting games that suit your tastes.
That's too bad.

I on the other hand have problems with keeping up with all the games I can/want to play for the Vita. Right now I'm playing Persona 4 Golden, and then I have Killzone Mercenary, Assassin's Creed Liberation, Soul Sacrifice, Sly Cooper and Stranger's Wrath to play.
By the time I'm through with those, I'm pretty sure there will be many other great games to play.

And as I said, I'm not fond of indies.

My problem is exactly with the lack of new and exciting games. I already played all the games you listed, and half the allegedly new and exciting stuff you listed before I either played somewhat recently, or in FF's case, decades ago. I also wouldn't get my hopes up for Borderlands Vita. If it actually does come out it's most likely gonna run like ass or look like ass. Probably both.
There is absolutely nothing on the horizon except for a bunch of indies I can usually buy for a fraction of the price on steam. Oh, and there's of course shitty ports of Lego games - yeehaw!

I also wouldn't get my hopes up for Borderlands Vita. If it actually does come out it's most likely gonna run like ass or look like ass.

Not only it's double confirmed(!!!) but also they're convinced it'll be good enough to become a system seller:

w163iEi.jpg

I'd play borderlands 2 again in a Vita. Even more if it's coming with all the DLCs.

Back