Next Generation Neo Geo (maybe)

Discussion in 'Console Technology' started by Shortbread, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Shortbread

Shortbread Island Hopper
    Veteran

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._neo_geo_hardware_as_well_as_a_new_metal_slug
    As a owner of two original cartridge based Neo Geo's, I want this madness to be true. :yep2::runaway:

function, Goodtwin, pharma and 5 others like this.
  2. Goodtwin

Veteran Newcomer Subscriber

I think its a neat idea. The mini consoles, when done right, have gone over very well with consumers. NeoGeo was always a niche market console, and this new product will be as well, but I think this can be a profitable product even with modest sales numbers. The gaming market is very big, and I think there is plenty of room for gaming hardware that isnt trying compete with the Xbox and PlayStation, but instead catering to very specific sectors of the market. There are a lot of adults who knew what the NeoGeo was when they were kids, but there parents were not going to spend that kind of money on a gaming console. So the NeoGeo brand likely extends beyond those who did actually own the console back in the day. It would be neat if the new console really tried to go for the arcade experience at home, and used fight sticks instead of typical game pads. Regardless, I will be interested to see what they roll out.

Tkumpathenurpahl and Shortbread like this.