Next Gen Buying Plans as of May 2005

Which one(s), as of right now?

• Wait for PS3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get both 360 and PS3

• Revolution is somewhere in the mix (either exclusively or along with other consoles)

• Total voters

wco81

Legend
I posted this poll on a couple of other sites and its surprising how many people have weighed in before E3, before Sony and Nintendo has unveiled their plans.

But as you might expect from gaming enthusiast sites, most people are planning to get both Xbox 360 and PS3. More Xbox 360-only than Wait for PS3 votes though.

There are some anecdotal reports of good Xbox 360 preorders already, even without price, launch date and other details released.

Are you ready to jump in? Or will you wait until after E3? Or maybe even later?

Why not just do the poll like this:

Get XBox 360 only
Get PS3 only
Get Revolution only

Get two or more of the 3.

Acert93 said:
You need to run this poll after E3 also ;) Compare/Contrast results.

Well like I said, at certain other sites, it looks like people were leaning certain ways already and they probably won't have their minds changed by E3.

I could limit the poll to expire by say Wednesday and then take another poll.

I think another interesting poll is what people have now and what they plan to get.

Based on current info, I'll probably end up getting both. Haven't had a console in a long time so I might as well splurge. That could all change between now and xbox360 launch of course.

One thing this forum software lacks is a listing of who voted for which.

That is an option for some polls on other forums.

Would certainly make people take a stand and be counted. :devilish:

Xbox360 and PS3, but I'm still interested in what Nintendo has to offer.

In my years of gaming, I've never actually "owned" a Nintendo system despite the fact that I started out gaming a on Nintendo system( my cousins/friends Nintendo systems).

wco81 said:
Acert93 said:
You need to run this poll after E3 also ;) Compare/Contrast results.

Well like I said, at certain other sites, it looks like people were leaning certain ways already and they probably won't have their minds changed by E3.

I could limit the poll to expire by say Wednesday and then take another poll.

I think another interesting poll is what people have now and what they plan to get.

I am not sure about that. Obviously the people voting have a stance, but I have not voted because I am on the fence. You only know about the opinionate, not the on the fence guy ;) Now, on B3D I doubt there are many fence sitters! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I have every Nintendo console, had a PS and played some Xbox (liked it) and PS2 (some great games... but don't feel I missed out on much with my PC and GCN) but mainly am a PC gamer at this point. Halo online and Forza

I know I am not really Nintendo's market anymore so I have already decided that they wont be my first console UNLESS they do something great (like Nintendo On!!).

I have been leaning toward an Xbox 360. It will be out first and Xbox tends to have more games I like than the PS2. I also like the connections MS has made this time around with developers and I see them overcoming the "prove to me you are serious about a game console" stage the Xbox first had. 40 games in the launch period is really sweet. 512MB of memory, 20GB HDD, WiFi, Wireless RF controllers--sounds nice to me.

On the other hand I can see the PS3 vision. PS3 is just a bump in the road to PS4. If PS3 has 512MB of memory AND Chaperon is a GI/PRT like chip and it looks good AND has some decent game announcements I may hold back. I expect GT5 to be an online game, and hopefully there is a couple Halo competitors. Could care less about FF, GTA, GoW, etc... If MS can score those games it will be a plus for MS only for the mindshare it gives and it will mean even more games. The fact Sony has them does not excite me because I wont buy them.

There are Xfactors also. Price is one. Another is who gets a real BF2 (and not just BF Modern combat!). Another is will either support KB/MS? Computer moniters? And how much is Sony going to charge for online? If it costs money then I would prefer to pay for Live unless they can miraculously make something better first shot out, which is doubtful. If PS3 continues with the most support and best HW then it will be hard to ignore it. If MS can show they have got a good amount of support--especially Tier 1 PC makers like Valve, Dice, etc... (i.e. companies I like)--plus show their HW is not underwhelming, then I may end up a MS customer.

I have a lot of questions.

Honestly, PDZ really has me in a tizzy. If PDZ had looked better, as good as the other top titles, I would have been convinced. Since a 1st party Mascot launch title did not impress me as much as 3rd party software I am worried and am reserving to wait to make a judgement. If MS cannot make killer titles for their system that concerns me, just like the PS2 launch concerned me. I enjoyed the DC and NFL 2k more than the PS2, so I never got one. Jaggies on low end TVs did not impress either, and since the GCN was the only one that worked in progressive scan on a CRT that is what I got. So yeah, I have no clue what I am getting...

I'm getting all three, because I know there will be games on all three that I can't do without. But if they were all launching at the same time, I'd have to prioritize, and it would be Rev, PS3, then 360.

Whatever my decision, I know that it is unwise to buy from the 1st production shipment of any console. Wait I shall - until something awesome really woos me.

X360 here. I really think MS has a ton of momentum and that Sony is going to trip up, big time. Then again, I could be basing this off of our PS3 dev kits and the lack of information from Sony about what is going on.

If PGR3 looks as good as the screen shots portray then I don’t think I will be able to stop myself from getting an Xbox 360. :LOL:

jvd said:
x360 and ns5
At the moment that's where I stand too. I certainly won't be buying both X360 and PS3 as odds are they'll have a pretty similar load of games (and indeed most titles should appear on both), and I have no interest in FF/MGS/Halo/insert-overrated-exclusive-franchise (especially when the competition has an equivalent, ie. GT/Forza), so it's simply a case of Sony needing to have shown something very impressive by the time MS have reached a critical mass of quality titles.

PS3 at or near launch, Nintendo maybe later.
But as much as I would have liked to buy a Nintendo also this gen, time constraints have just put me off from buying one.
With PS2 and now PSP I don't think I'd have much time left anymore.

rabidrabbit said:
PS3 at or near launch, Nintendo maybe later.
But as much as I would have liked to buy a Nintendo also this gen, time constraints have just put me off from buying one.
With PS2 and now PSP I don't think I'd have much time left anymore.
do what i do , buy the system at the end of its life . I will most likely get an xbox for dirt cheap used and the games for dirt cheap after xmass

um.. what if the games for said "console at it's end of life" don't really interest me, why should I buy it then?

GCN is really dirt cheap now, still I haven't bought it although I really would like to play the Celda, Metroids, f-Zero, RE4 and the coming new Zelda.
It's just that with the money I'd save won't buy buy me time.
I prefer to finish a game before I start a new one, I hate it when I have several games unfinished I'd like to play. Like now I've had GT4 for months with less than 10% finished, for which I really haven't had much time but would really like to play it more. It not being a pick-up-and play game doesn't help much (setting up the wheel included).
And I still have Dark Cloud which I've had from when it was released in eu, but I guess I haven't finished it because the dungeons got too repetitive and the building part just sucks cos I don't really have a clue what I should build.

Oh, and GTA-SA still has the final missions(s) undone which I really like to finish too.

It's rare I have more than two games going, recently I had GT4, MGS3, Jak3 and GTA-SA on the "to be finished" list, and I've managed to finish only MGS3 and Jak3.
And now with PSP RR there, the PS2 has got less attention.

um.. what if the games for said "console at it's end of life" don't really interest me, why should I buy it then?
why do good games become bad games ?

I like to have more than a few types of games going so that i don't burn out .

But if its a time problem i can understand .

i personaly try to play all the real gems on the system but i don't want to spend alot of money on the system or the games so i want till the end

No, it's just that the "good games" really haven't been "that good" imo to be worth buying a new console to occupy my time, money, tv video connections and space.
That there are already good enough or better alternatives on other console that I already own.

Back