News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Discussion in 'Console Industry' started by Acert93, Mar 8, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brad Grenz

Brad Grenz Philosopher & Poet
    Veteran

I wouldn't put too much stock in the report of a random poster in TeamXbox in this case without knowing the actual quote.

2. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Let's take a step back here. This is a forum poster recounting his experiences of Gamescon, including who he spoke to. What he said was:

When pressed on what this meant by other forum posts, he said:

Don't get me wrong, I can imagine how cross-platform devs working on a PC version would prefer Xbox One, and Dyling Light looks amazing, but let's not report second hand accounts posted on console-specific forums as "news" eh :wink:

The most interesting news I saw this week was Phil Harrison's interview with C&VG, where there was this exchange:

I've seen no coverage of Kinect-powered or Kinect-enhanced games, does anybody know what games he's talking about?

3. liquidboy

Regular Newcomer

Kinect sport 3 , project spark (motion capture bits) . These stood out to me as pretty great implementations of kinect

4. dragonelite

Veteran

The new Kinect sports looked good..

5. egoless

Regular

Delete

#6305 egoless, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  6. Jwm

Jwm
    Veteran Regular

This is taken from the IGN AMA (Ask MS Anything) that they have been doing for a few weeks.

I would still like for someone to ask for Media Center info, so I can start planning already. At the very least if I can train the X1 like a Harmony remote I can train in the Media Center keyboard/remote. Even if they allowed this I could make the system work via HDMI in.

Full AMA is here, mostly boring -- http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/05/ask-microsoft-anything-about-xbox-one

7. XpiderMX

Veteran

I think resolution is not locked to 1080p max.

I like the DVr functions.

8. Nesh

Nesh Double Agent
    Legend

I hate it when they dont answer the question but instead use the question as an opportunity to give us a PR shower :mad:

9. Jwm

Jwm
    Veteran Regular

Agreed with that, and I hate when I have to talk to PR before I can even talk!

10. Silent_Buddha

Legend

I thought it was pretty clear. The Xbox One won't be doing the TV DVR, it'll be enhancing the existing DVR you have by using the Xbox One and Kinect to control it.

If the Xbox One can act as a universal remote control I may just pick one up after all. I wonder if they will have the device configuration for controlling a Windows PC through IR. That might be nifty.

Regards,
    SB

11. McHuj

Veteran Regular Subscriber

While it itself may not be a DVR, I hope it can become a proper receiver/stub for a DVR. I have one DVR at home, but I can pause live TV and access recorded shows on any other TV (over 802.11n) on Uverse. A similar setup is available on the DirectTV with the Genie DVR (not wireless) though. I'd be very happy if I could save the $7 a month I have to pay for the additional receiver and use the Xbox instead. Cost of live would be instantly offset.

12. Silent_Buddha

Legend

Sounds like something like that should be possible to do with an app sending the commands over 802.11n. In theory DirectTV, Uverse, Microsoft, or whoever could release such an app.

Regards,
    SB

13. McHuj

Veteran Regular Subscriber

Yes, MS actually did this with the 360. But the 360 has no low power state and boot-up from power off was infinitely longer than hitting power on a settop box. I think the X1 is very well suited for this.

14. LightHeaven

Regular

So they actually record 30 minutes, and the 5 minutes figure is just a upload limitation?

15. Brad Grenz

Brad Grenz Philosopher & Poet
    Veteran

I wouldn't take the word of a guy who, in the same paragraph, is claiming the Xbox One is always running 1080p at 60fps. He doesn't provide any source for this information so I think he's probably just confused about the actual figures.

16. eastmen

Legend Subscriber

17. egoless

Regular

Delete

#6317 egoless, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  18. dobwal

Veteran

That article is wrong. There is even a correction at the bottom.

19. AzBat

AzBat Agent of the Bat
    Legend Veteran

Looks like I(we?) was wrong about WiFi Direct. Looks like it's only for Smartglass according to Major Nelson. The controller is still using a proprietary wireless tech. Bleh! Guess all that crap about the 5.1 headset audio was crap? Anybody have the original source where we got the WiFi Direct info? I'd like to post it to Major Nelson to see if he can find out for sure.

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1l5rhj/wifi_direct_for_controller/cbw26g1?context=3

Tommy McClain

20. Tchock

Regular

Wifi hardware, non-standard protocol?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.