New Video from CoD2 for X360

Status
Not open for further replies.
This video is sooooo freaking amazing. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Within the first 30 seconds I bet you will be loving the visuals. Before you see the video if you really want to know how great it is just think Killzone video with slower framerate. I promise seeing this video will totally prove how big next-gen gaming will be. Even with the X360 still in its infant stage people are able to play games that look this great.

From the latest screenshot of PGR3 to this video we can pretty much expect the videos from Killzone, F1, and Motorstorm to look exactly like what Sony showed.

Laa-Yosh I totally respect your wealth on knowledge like 99 out of 100, but that ratio will be a perfect 100 out of a 100 if you can just admit that you are wrong about the smoke in the Killzone video. The smoke in the CoD2 demo looked exactly like it.

Man this video is great. Let me stop typing and just let you see it for yourself.

*Disclaimer if you have to go to the bathroom (number 1 or 2) I suggest you do it now. Waiting will only result to your pants being a toilet. Thank you. :)

http://67.159.3.19/IWN_E3/Call of Duty 2 - North Africa Demo - High.avi

Link http://cod.justgamers.de/filebase_d...tion&order=desc&limit_page=50#nothing

the video looks good . TO bad the quality isn't that great. But its def nice seeing what we will be playing later this year

That's a far cry from the killzone render, and I don't think I could play it with some of those framerate issues, but I agree the smoke looks nice :)

That video was tight.
It got me interested in COD2 again...
It just lite the fire back up.
I lost interest for this game as it didnt look as good as other xbox360 and ps3 games...now i want it.
During some parts i was like :oops: .

HA! That smoke has nothing on CoD for the X360. I wish I knew how to taken screenshot captures of videos. :cry: And I remember Laa-Yosh saying something about the volumetic particles or something couldn't be done to develop smoke seen in the KZ vid. I don't know it was something like that.

I'm glad to see another game thats still in development on a system that's not even finish be able to pull that kind of smoke off so fast.

I'm not sure what is so awesome about the smoke -- it looks like a pixelated mess in the video.

Don't get me wrong, the game looks pretty fun, but that video is not exactly a great display of its graphical prowess.

Between the choppy game and the HORRIBLE video quality I don't really see how we can begin making comparisons, the media is just not clear enough to see enough detail to compare.

With that said, after watching the video compare the below video and screen shot:

killzone-next-gen-20050518031919911.jpg

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748475/vids_1.html

Note how the bottom edges are semi transparant + the lighting on the smoke. In the video at the beginning when the vehicle gets hit and crashes into the large building it looks like the flames are lighting the smoke and the smoke is self shadowing.

Anyhow, we will know more come TGS and fall when we begin seeing more media on finalized PS3's and 360s.

CoD2 looks like it is really intense. The scripting looks to keep the action going and going and going... but if they want people to enjoy it those frame rates better get tamed :p

I mean really Acert93. Thats not a fair comparison. Do you know or does anybody here now how to capture a video then display it here on the forum? I can show you a good comparison if someone tells me how.

Here's a magic tip I only learnt a few months ago. You can grab a screen grab of anything on your computer by pressing the 'Print Screen' button on your keyboard. This copies an image (front buffer?) onto the clipboard. Then open up whatever art package software you have and Ctrl V to paste into a new image :D When you think of people selling/writing screen grab utils, and packages including screen grab routines, it's crazy to think that functionality has always been there and just ignored.

Just tried it with a full screen video playback and it works fine. So give us some decent screen-grabs!

The beach invasion video of CoD2 has better smoke, IMO. There's one particular shot in it where a grenade goes off inside a blown-out house and the smoke shoot out the holes in the walls and roof. That floored me.

FYI, that video is from E3, running on Alpha kits.

MS is going to shock the shit out of people at TGS and X06.

My advice for anybody watching this vid, is to watch it at 50% of the size and at double the playback speed. Then you can see it clearer and it looks sharper. I would only recommend this after viewing it at regular speed of course. And you REALLY dont notice the framerate probs at all. This ups the quality of the video alot.
Anyways, I captured some screens of the video. They are pixelated and ugly but somebody wanted to post some screens and didnt know how to so i took the liberty of doing it.
I halfed the size of them for better quality.
wmplayer20050625061509464om.png
wmplayer20050625061647659oo.png

wmplayer20050625062221473sy.png
wmplayer20050625062314189ci.png

mckmas8808 said:
I mean really Acert93. Thats not a fair comparison. Do you know or does anybody here now how to capture a video then display it here on the forum? I can show you a good comparison if someone tells me how.

The link to a pic (which is like 1600x1200) has a better sample, but it still is not comparable.

The above pics grabbed from the video are really hard to evaluate. The video quality is just really bad. It may end up having beautiful smoke and particle effects. But muddy 320x240 resolution pictures (they are so muddy from compression they could pass for 160x120 ) is not a really good barometer for IQ.

for the first time... i actually believe that kz is possible. the kz video IS a render but it is possible in realtime and probably not only on PS3...

COD2 is fairly amazing i must say. good find mcmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back