New Super Swing Golf/Pangya Screens

Someone please tell them that mipmapping is an inherently good thing. Please :???:
It's such a pretty game. It shouldn't have to shimmer like the calm lands in Final Fantasy X.

That looks very good IMO. Art styles good, lighting is great, self-shadowing is great, animation is good. Graphically the only complaint I have is zeckensack's - why the shimmer in this day and age? Memory limits for mipmaps?

The only thing that rather peturbs me is what relevance as the use of a Wiimote in a party game like this. I've played golf games with friends, and the idea that on my turn I'd have to get out of the chair, swing a virtual club, and return, is more effort than I want for a simple game (and no I am not lazy, cycling a dozen miles for work every day!). To appease me they'd need to add a 'lazyman' mode where instead of having to go through the natural club-swing motion, you could just swing the Wiimote casually from down to up, say.

I imagine they'll have the "same as ever" controls as an option at the very least, where you cycle through clubs, tap-tap a button for power, tap-tap a button for accuracy...

Though they'll probably default you to Wiimote use for menu navigation, but that's fine.

Their Online game concept & infrastructure is not finished as of yet. The first game to feature online will Pokemon Revolution which is out somewhen in December, IIRC.

Back