New Server

3dfoster

Newcomer
Hi Guys

I've recently being doing some much need upgrading to my site and I want to upgrade to a managed server to take a little of the extra weight. To be honest, I'm completely sick and tired of my current server provider and so I'm looking to move away for good. I'm hoping the managed server will give me a little more time to concentrate on my web design and actually running my site rather than dealing with issues with my current provider. I've been looking at the Managed Hosting packages from 1&1 which seem to be a good deal. Does anyone have any experience with them? They seem to be pretty keenly priced.

I had a 1&1 service for years. It was good, but the prices seemed to sneak up. TBH I wasn't closely paying attention. Web interface was good, support was reasonable. When I came to quit this year, first the Cancel Subscription button didn't work, then pressing it required me to call anyway (why do we even have that button?), and then they didn't man the phones because it was a weekend or holiday.

I'd say technically the service is robust, and in terms of customer service and support they're probably typical.

This info is no doubt far too late for you!

My 1&1 hosted email regularly winds up on Spamhaus black lists. No such issues with Rackspace...

I dunno, I brought a page from 1&1 last year for my shoe repair business, and they've been of great service to be honest, one of fee, never had a hitch with the page ect. If your considering a server, go with them. I think they're German.

Back