New series of Extras (Ricky Gervais)

MuFu

Chief Spastic Baboon
Veteran
Anybody caught the first two eps? A bit of a mixed bag really - had their moments but neither was up to the standard of the first series IMHO. Still worth watching, of course!

The podcasts are back on track though - series 3 has been hilarious so far. :D The free video podcasts are great too.

yeah I did, very clever, although not laugh out loud, other than one or two moments.

'why would I want to appear on a show, that when I saw it, I was praying for a tsunami' made me spit my beer out :)

I thought the first episode was excellent but the second one with David Bowie was just a bit OTT to be really funny. Still, I think I'll continue to watch it.

To be fair, I thought the whole concept of going to the 'celeb' bar to get treated with respect, then end up with David Bowie singing 'your a sad fat loser' to you was excellent.

I thought the first episode was excellent but the second one with David Bowie was just a bit OTT to be really funny. Still, I think I'll continue to watch it.

Agreed totally - I loved the first episode, it was fantastic, but the second one was 'meh' at best.

Anybody caught the first two eps? A bit of a mixed bag really - had their moments but neither was up to the standard of the first series IMHO.
I rather enjoyed the first two episodes and in fact thought they were better than the few I'd seen from the first series.

Having seen the clips on "Jonathan Ross" :D , I'm quite looking forward to the one with Daniel Radcliffe.

PS: A friend of a neighbour is appearing as an extra on "Extras" :)

Back