New Platinum titles: Motorstorm PR, Resistance 2, Killzone 2 and MGS4!

Arwin

Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
Legend
New Platinum titles: Motorstorm PR, Resistance 2, Killzone 2 and MGS4!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/09/07/playstation-3-platinum-range-expands/#more-6458

Already have three of them and they are excellent! These new PS3 Slim owners are getting mightily spoilt, almost all the top PS3 titles are now available as platinum already (including LBP, Uncharted, R&C etc).

For me, I've been waiting for Resistance 2, so that's definitely coming my way.

Funny joke, but of course it's nowhere near to being true.

£19.99 is $32USD, which is a whole $2 more than the Platinums sell here...and I think that price includes VAT, which means after sales tax here it's even $2.50 more than in the UK at least.

Well, we usually never see any prices here without VAT, so it gives the impression we are way more expensive, especially in the light of our VAT being 25%.

Norwegian price for a Uncharted Platinum from a cheap online site is 299 ex shipping and handling.
But it includes VAT, so minus VAT we end up with 239.2 nok. And lets convert that to USD, 39.9371 according to xe.com

Well, we , in India , got these platinum titles Looong back ! :)
KZ2 has just happened, but the others went platinum long back.
I am thinking of getting R2 again:oops:

I have the full-price Motor Storm 2, the disc is slightly damaged (a small crak on the inside of the disc) and loads slowly, it works well after it's loaded but I'm a bit conserned to put it in my PS3 because I'm afraid it might shatter inside the machine while spinning.

Now the question: If I buy the Platinum version of the game, will my old save games still work?

Edit: I already got an answer in another thread, the savegames should work. Thanks Rotmm :)

I've had MGS4 on platinum for months already.

Maybe they mention it so new slim owners are aware they can get it with much cheapness.

Funny joke, but of course it's nowhere near to being true.

Games sell for 99 CHF here, which is 93 USD. VAT is 7.6%, so that's 86.43 USD without tax. Platinum titles are half price, so that's effectively ~43.00 USD for a title. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the US, game prices are usually around 50-60 USD for a full non-platinum game.

Maybe our platinum prices don't match the USs full price, but it's still closer than comparing full with full...

Back