ax4.jpg

ax5.jpg

ax6.jpg

ax7.jpg

ax8.jpg

ax9.jpg

ax10.jpg

http://www.gamezone21.com/news/read.asp?board_no=1&section=news&serial_no=2736

Faf has said that this build lacks shadows, which made cars looked pasted on.

"which isn't so hot "

Come on, that village/lake shot is beautiful :)

Still, the earlier shots that actually made this game look pretty good were high-res, fsaa'd, dev-kit captures which really aren't representative of how the game will look on your PS2.

And IMHO, that shot isn't that beautiful.

Do you people not understand the concept of linking to pictures (and I do have DSL)? Honestly...

Anyway, I still think it looks nice and can't wait to play it. Congrats and good luck to faf and everyone involved in the project.

I be honest here FAF, FAFRA...i mean AX IMPACT(ewww what type of name is this...) is no more impresso, based on those screens. Looks just like your average PS2 game. Still Axis Entertainment is no Polyphony, i guessed my expectations were too high to begin with.

But i will just save the knives for the final running version.
GO FAF GO! :oops:

marconelly!:

> Faf has said that this build lacks shadows, which made cars looked
> pasted on.

Shadows or not there are some very distinct matte lines around the car in some of the pics that suggest it has been edited in. The sixth pic is the best example of that and you'll also notice that the background can't be viewed through the windows of the car eventhough they're clearly transparent. You can tell by the lighting and reflections that it's not the same source material though - or at least it's been edited to look different.

> Deathkinght, *these* are high-res, fsaa'd, dev-kit captures.

There's no AA in those screens.

Shadows or not there are some very distinct matte lines around the car in some of the pics that suggest it has been edited in. The sixth pic is the best example of that and you'll also notice that the background can't be viewed through the windows of the car eventhough they're clearly transparent. You can tell by the lighting and reflections that it's not the same source material though - or at least it's been edited to look different.

Yes, I've noticed that later. Cars are obviously pasted in Photoshop. Also that light trail from the Lamoborghini looks cut off... And yeah, there's no AA on these shots, but the point was they are pretty much what he was saying for those old ones.

marconelly! said:

Yes, I've noticed that later. Cars are obviously pasted in Photoshop. Also that light trail from the Lamoborghini looks cut off... And yeah, there's no AA on these shots, but the point was they are pretty much what he was saying for those old ones.

Blargh. When it's done on a PS2 game it's just "meh", but when MS did it it was "OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG"...

I love the asian style concrete architecture and city highways/tunnels.

Can't wait to see some real in-game shots and videos from this game. The 'hidden feature' is also very interesting. I hope it's not of a too (car-) technical nature.

Back