NEW Perfect Dark Zero Footage(NOT the rooftop!)

Hardknock

Veteran
http://www.jeux-france.com/downloads4897_video-perfect-dark-zero.html

We need someone to host!

Here's a few screens from the vid:

40611320051115_192018_28_big.jpg

40611320051115_192008_0_big.jpg

40611320051115_193057_13_big.jpg

40611320051115_193059_18_big.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just watched it, unfortunately it looks just ok. I'm guessing this is the training level, environments look decent, character models are about in line with Doom 3 or so, and lighting looks good. Whoever was playing didn't seem that good with FPS though, so I kept asking myself "what is he doing!?"... Everything just seemed kinda boring... I want to see some multiplayer footage before I make up my mind...

OMG, those crosshairs SUCK. How in the world could you play with such a huge crosshair. Give me a tiny green dot and I'll be in joy! Also, none of that stupid different crosshair for each gun crap either.

It was on easy difficulty (the arrow directions gave it away) and the player was not that good. Most games cannot look good under such circumstances.

Does this video play with the wrong aspect ratio for anyone else?
It plays in 16:9 for me on both my PC and XBox but its obvious that it should be a 4:3 video.
(Maybe they forgot to set the Xbox 360 to 16:9 and grabbed the video while stretched to a 16:9 monitor)

I thought the video looked terrible at first but after I corrected the aspect ratio in XBMC it looked MUCH better.

Why anyone could be raving about PD0 is beyond me!

It's too obvious Microsoft is pushing PD0 on to their future customers in an effort to make something off their pricey buy three years back.
This game really doesn't deserve all this possitive it's getting.

Kameo does deserve it though.

Guilty Bystander said:
Why anyone could be raving about PD0 is beyond me!

It's too obvious Microsoft is pushing PD0 on to their future customers in an effort to make something off their pricey buy three years back.
This game really doesn't deserve all this possitive it's getting.

Kameo does deserve it though.

Yes Kameo really really deserves every bump it can get. This game not so much.

I'm only concerned with whether the game is fun or not. It's anime art style may not appeal to everyone. It looks fine to me... But I really don't want every game to look real like many others do.

Boke said:
Does this video play with the wrong aspect ratio for anyone else?
It plays in 16:9 for me on both my PC and XBox but its obvious that it should be a 4:3 video.
(Maybe they forgot to set the Xbox 360 to 16:9 and grabbed the video while stretched to a 16:9 monitor)

I thought the video looked terrible at first but after I corrected the aspect ratio in XBMC it looked MUCH better.

yes the aspect ratio was certainly skewed, i noticed that right away, good idea on the XBMC thing...

:LOL: I read that last sentence about SLI and i thought "oh good!" then went back when the guy is saying that it doesn't look good.... And ... It doesn't make much sense... Something a high-end-SLI could do is not enough for next gen games? :oops:

Boke said:
I'm only concerned with whether the game is fun or not. It's anime art style may not appeal to everyone. It looks fine to me... But I really don't want every game to look real like many others do.

What concerns me is the fact that they kept this game from the reviewers... that doesn't seem to promising to me.

Guilty Bystander said:
Not saying F.E.A.R is a bad game cause it's not but graphically compared to real 360 games (meaning N3, PGR3, GoW etc.) yes it is.

:???:

Seems like MS has really tried to... not hype PD0. I imagine that, at least, it could have to do with trying to make the console appear more well-rounded. And then one can make all sorts of conspiracy theories about keeping it out of developr hands and such. Heh.

Back