new multi-platform FPS "They"

Yeah. It's getting a bit boring IMO (and it's one of the reasons I like Halo and Metroid).

I totally agree. Although if done well (and I count Resistance amongst those) it is still *good*.

A city gives you the chance to expand on corridors (i.e. streets/tunnels etc.) and you don't necessarily have to worry a great deal about draw distance. Devs must be cursing their luck that a significant minority of gamers are getting so savvy!

Yeah. It's getting a bit boring IMO (and it's one of the reasons I like Halo and Metroid).

There are far more futuristic first person shooters than WW2 or modern day (COD4) city shooters with relatively open environments.

The red monster thing reminds me of the monsters in Final Fantasy the Spirits Within. Is the game U3E engine based or is my mind playing tricks beacause i've read so much about it lately?

No one else was reminded of Half Life 2 with the concept art? I mean a tower in the middle of a London like city is about as close to HL2 as you can get...

From a screenshot point of view I don't like it, mainly because the light reflection on the gun is just WAY to overpowering. Not to mention everything else. It just doesn't look good.

*Raises hand and jumps about* oh! oh! me me me! I saw it!

Kind of flimsy press release they have for that game tho, two screens and some text about how awesome it is gonna be... Doesn't tell me much appart from how awesome it's gonna be.

monsters head is taken from alien, also the car in the second screenshot could of come from aliens
also whys that monster casting such a shadow even though its translucent

hey it's city 17.5.

But where did the saturation go? :(

*grumble*

Games are getting too cliched.. that first pic looks ridiculous.
Just imagine. Here is some giant alien tentacle-lly thing... standing there... waiting.. for something. Awesome.
Ohh and there is a giant gun protruding from my face!

I mean technically it looks fantastic, but there is utterly nothing in those pictures that make me go 'ohh wow, someone thought long and hard about the logical state of the world' - you know, like bioshock does. It just looks like 'hey, you know what would be cool? darkness tentacles - but lets put a refraction shader on them!'.

I'm being far too harsh, but then again I'm thoroughly pissed off today.

Back