New High-Res Gears of War Screens

gowface2uc.jpg
vs
gowface27dv.jpg

BTOA: and your point is.....what?
one's lit by moonlight, the other is lit by blast from the gun-muzzle.
also, one is zoomed out much more that the other...

anyways...look at that blood!!!! whoa

Why the super-doopa-doopa highres? If these were ingame wouldn't they be limited to 720p?

Blood looks surprisingly complex. Like Metaballs. Good to see.

scooby_dooby said:
BTOA: and your point is.....what?
one's lit by moonlight, the other is lit by blast from the gun-muzzle.
also, one is zoomed out much more that the other...

anyways...look at that blood!!!! whoa
Just noticing the difference in detail, but it could be Cliff add some effects so that GoW doesn't have a plastic look.

Example:
http://media.xboxyde.com/gallery/public/1160/786_0001.jpg
Old E3 picture
vs
http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1167/full-res/1127159903.jpg
New picture

The lighting looks much more subtle from the previous GoW stuff I've seen. Unfortunately I can't explain it or offer much more than that.
I do remember a recent vid (one of the low quality ones from IGN I think) and the muzzle flash was as unsubtle as can be. Lighting up the surrounding area, and in particular the faces, in uniform bright-ness-ti-city. This is much better.

Now isn't it a counterstrike here? :)

More polished texture work, very very nice skin shader, and they've already added some atmospheric effects... Time to work on the particles? :p The lowpoly models are very evident in the first shot though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read at teamxbox forums that the reason the pictures are so big is to be used in magazines, but they also are real time.

Can I remind people to not post huge images - put them up as links, so that they don't wreck the forum layout. It's also polite to give the link to the source of the images, rather than just the images themselves.

Inane_Dork said:
That blood can't be in-game, can it? GoW is the title with the sad fire effects, last I checked.

Yeah, I thought the same, but if you look at the videos you can see the blood squirt out like that. It's hard to tell since the videos are so small and the enemies so far away, but it's very much the same, I'm almost 100% positive.

Inane_Dork said:
That blood can't be in-game, can it? GoW is the title with the sad fire effects, last I checked.

it looks almost too good to be true to me too, , but when you watch gameplay the blood does spurt like that, but we've always seen it from 50 yards away, if that's what it looks like up close, wow...

the bumpmapping-ness-ti-city of the second pic along with the complex geometry of the armor is really high quality. I actually dont believe those come from in-game models but rather art assets from which the lower complexity in-game models are derived.

Back