New Heavenly Sword Info (screens included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That main character girl looks just like my mom when she was about 16. :no:
I hope I can for get that while playing the game.

From an action perspective, those shots look very in-game. The character close-ups are most likely cutscenes. Cutscenes are realtime in this game. IIRC, some special-case rendering is done for characters in cutscenes, however, versus their in-game rendering (to get them ready for their close-up, so to speak).

It is amazing that the realtime cutscenes and character models therein look better than that close-up CG face-shot of Nariko from 2005. Stylistically, obviously a lot has changed... beit through that or otherwise, it looks a lot better now.

edit - this comparison, stolen from GAF, tells the tale:

61tzkzo.jpg

I remember how that was always the caveat..that this was always the bit in the E305 demo that was questionable because it was purely CG, but they've ended up far, far exceeding it.

(Well, the other bit often called out was the army scene, but that brief glimpse in the admittedly crappy youtube video suggests great things there too..)

Amazing skin shader, amazing lighting, amazing art direction and on top of that it looks like a really fun game, not to mention that the story and voice acting all seem really good and engaging as well.

This game shall be mine!

Bravo Deano, nAo et al.

Those screens¡¡¡¡

Fuc... shi.... fuc.... shi... fuc...

SONY, RELEASE A FUC..NG DEMOO¡¡¡¡

Absolutely gorgeous!

I hate to nitpick but did anyone else notice her running animation makes her look like she's in a full sprint but is barely moving, and when she gets caught on obstables she's spins out like scooby doo or the roadrunner. Anyway, I digress. The fighting looks very good and the art style is outstanding. Definitely looking forward to getting this. Amazing work guys!

nao, deano, congradulations. I do believe this is the best looking game on any platform at this point (best animated too). That is no small feat!

I hate to nitpick but did anyone else notice her running animation makes her look like she's in a full sprint but is barely moving...
I think that's a rather stylistic choice, representative of the genre. (Samurai/ninja flicks frequently have full-out running where the upper body is rock-steady.) The "spinning about" bit, however... maybe not so much. ;)

Personally, I just found the HDR to be a bit much in some scenes. (Like where it was effectively gleaming off what look like cloth shirts some prisoners/peasants were wearing.) Pretty effective for "fake HDR," tho, amirite? ;) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back