New GOW shots, textures seem to be lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
spdistro said:
or this is concept art
They're 5120x2880 devshots, and I don't think anything has been 'touched up' per-se. Just a product of being rendered at that resolution then supersampled down to 720p. It's all in-engine stuff.

Proelite said:
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/747/747891/img_3746187.html

The IQ is touched up, but it doesn't hide the fact that some of the textures on the armor seems to be lower resolutioned than before. Compared to Halo 3, the textures are little disappointing. Howevever, everything else, especially the background detail, is stunning. To those people who is anti-bald space marines, GOW says FU! Hair ftw.

Lower-res textures? Are you kidding me? It's using the same textures it's always been! :rolleyes:

This game looks incredible.

I dont think the textures have lowered, if anything the screens look far better. But that might be due to the huge amount of AA. Although it looks great, I still dont understand why the game seems to be far past ut2k7 graphically. Honestly I think they are even. I guess it's the art that gets it all the hype. But thats another discussion for another thread I suppose.

Very nice shots, I dig the hair. :LOL:

And people were saying ME looks better than this? lol

And yes, every company releases screenshots of their games with 16X AA. They did so too last gen. At this point it's implied that no console game has such level of AA.

zed said:
note none of these screenshots are actual ingame stuff
same with older stuff like http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/747/747891/img_3584542.html
ppl are gonna be in for a major graphical disapointment when this game ships, epic should get spanked hard for the deception

I dont understand why people say things like this when there are NUMUROUS LIVE GAMEPLAY VIDEOS of the title looking amazing everywhere you look.

Not too mention Sony's E3 2005 videos, speaking of deception.

zed said:
note none of these screenshots are actual ingame stuff
same with older stuff like http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/747/747891/img_3584542.html
ppl are gonna be in for a major graphical disapointment when this game ships, epic should get spanked hard for the deception

lol...except they played a 15 minute demo on a 50 foot screen in front of hundreds of journalists 8 months prior than launch....other than that, ya totally deceptive!

btw: that clip has jaggies everywhere, so it's obviously in-engine.

scooby_dooby said:
btw: that clip has jaggies everywhere, so it's obviously in-engine.
Yeah, seriously. Of all the screenshots he could have picked from IGN's offerings, he chose the in-engine framebuffer one? Le sigh.

As I said before, these new screenshots are simply 5120x2880 devshots. They need to be at those kinds of resolutions for print magazines. Here is one which was done in exactly the same style but came out around E3:
http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1167/full-res/1147227125.jpg

the background looked ingame enough but the character just doesnt fit in, judging from its vastly superior lighting and poly count. in the end it's not somefin we can take control with.

ultragpu said:
the background looked ingame enough but the character just doesnt fit in, judging from its vastly superior lighting and poly count. in the end it's not somefin we can take control with.

Absolutely, these are just high-poly and super high AA concept art shots which will for sure never make it ingame. Just look at the various videos available, they all look way below that.

they activate AF at least for the screenshots.Perhaps higher-rez texture sources (2048 or more ,on every layer of the shader ).16 x supersampling changes a alot perceptually.

TNT3 said:
I dont understand why people say things like this when there are NUMUROUS LIVE GAMEPLAY VIDEOS of the title looking amazing everywhere you look.

Not too mention Sony's E3 2005 videos, speaking of deception.
[moderated for poor choice of words] i'll take u up on the challenge :),
show me a link to a video (less than 15mb) + ill point out the differences, i have seen 3 vids for GOW with gameplay + graphically from a techincal viewpoint they been less than doom3, the screenshots OTOH hand look great. one doesnt have to be a bart simpson to draw the obvious conclusion

zed said:
[moderated for poor choice of words] i'll take u up on the challenge :),
show me a link to a video (less than 15mb) + ill point out the differences, i have seen 3 vids for GOW with gameplay + graphically from a techincal viewpoint they been less than doom3, the screenshots OTOH hand look great. one doesnt have to be a bart simpson to draw the obvious conclusion

Less than Doom3? You are not even trying here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back