New Golden Axe game

The PS2 upgraded GA was rubbish. This game needs to be good, but given how games have moved on I imagine it'll be GA in name only.

I lost the little trust i had in Sega a long time ago. They should stick to their big guns without insulting the memories of their old classics. It really is embarrassing to see the "remakes" of old SEGA games on new consoles.

At the end of the day, Sega will be releasing a GA game of god knows what quality, in a market with hack&slash games like Heavenly Sword and lots of other really good games to compete with.

So, i don't expect this to be a good game at all. I'd love to be surprised though.

london-boy said:
At the end of the day, Sega will be releasing a GA game of god knows what quality, in a market with hack&slash games like Heavenly Sword and lots of other really good games to compete with.
See, now that's the problem. What would a next gen GA actually need to be like? If it's like HS, it's a totally different game. Like the latest Gauntlet (Seven Sorrows I think) which is gauntlet only in name. GA needs to be a horizontally scrolling bash-fest to be GA in spirit, at which point it probably looks weak compared to more modern game plays. Of course, it'd be great fun, but publishers don't care about fun. They care about looking impressive. Sega are bound to lose the spirit of the game and produce a generic action game. Well, maybe it'll be a good game. But it's not going to be GA, unless they shock and surprise me.

Remakes of games that take less than 20 minutes to beat.... *sigh*...

Maybe they should just do an update to the original and release it on Live Arcade instead.

Back