New Forum Skin: Introducing 'vB3D' Edit: And vB3D-LC

Likewise.

Also with much reduced CPU usage, in all scrolling methods.

Thanks for all your work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I do think that I have given the new skin a fair go. Performance has been fine, I can't say anything against that, and I do have to admit that it does look good. However, eventually, I am finding it too harsh on the eyes. I will give the LC version a try as well, but for the moment I am back on the Old Style. Maybe it's because I use a CRT? I don't know.

How are other people finding the look? And which skin are you using?

Well, I do think that I have given the new skin a fair go. Performance has been fine, I can't say anything against that, and I do have to admit that it does look good. However, eventually, I am finding it too harsh on the eyes. I will give the LC version a try as well, but for the moment I am back on the Old Style. Maybe it's because I use a CRT? I don't know.

How are other people finding the look? And which skin are you using?
The new forum look is great, its just too bright for me too.

So I made my own skin. :cool: Still tweaking it every few days, not close to done. Once I'm happy with the colors, i plan on converting the gif's used on the page.

here you go:
b3d.script.jpg

Any color suggestions would be appreciated.

Original or not, epic, I definitely want it! Color me in the black-on-white-bg-is-hard-on-the-eyes camp!
No prob, ill have this version ready tonight, the only thing is that it works only with firefox. Im not sure if you can make greasemonkey scripts work in other browsers.

epic

I've come around to vB3D-LC, and now I prefer it to the old style. So, again, good work, Farid, even if it took me a little while to appreciate it.

My only complain is that somehow the default text size or something changed. I use firefox, and after the updated skin was applied the text on the forums was tiny as hell. I had to tell firefox not to use the default text size specified by a page and now evertime I open B3D I have to CTRL-scroll enlarge the text several notches.

Any ideas what caused that?

Only thing I can think to suggest is to try toggling among the various forum styles (bottom left of page) or delete your B3D cookie(s?). Fonts are fine for me in the FF, O, and IE.

Hmm... didn't change anything. I've "fixed" it by setting the minimum font size larger in the options menu, but of course that makes a few other websites look wonky now. I was just wondering what could have changed. FWIW, the old style skin looks like the way it was but the text is still too small. It didn't used to do that.

Whatever. I never can seem to get text sizes on the web to work out right.

Back