New F-Zero Pics

Goldni

Regular
I'm very pleased with the newest pics and vids of this game. The hands on from the World Hobby Fair in Japan were very good. This is AV's 4th GCN game so it shows that they are really comfortable with it. Notice the scratches and worn paint on the cars..ala Rogue Squadron's X-Wings.

News_Gamecube_F-Zero_23.jpg

This one tells you that the Daytona team wants to remind you of well Daytona.

News_Gamecube_F-Zero_29.jpg

News_Gamecube_F-Zero_28.jpg

News_Gamecube_F-Zero_29.jpg

F-Zero is coming along nicely. The cars especially have come a long way from early pics. The hands on reports went on and on about the actual course designs. And 60fps even in 2 player verticle split screen without any slowdown. Should turn out to make the F-Zero franchise proud.

DAMN that looks GOOD! Now I have to get a cube too, lol!

Flipper's fixed geometry engine flexing its muscles again I suppose, too bad there's moiré in the mesh in the top picture, but that seems to almost be unavoidable with alpha textures.

Funny though, Goldeneye on the N64 avoided that by using trilinear and setting the mipmaps to fade out into complete transparency. Worked pretty okay actually.

*G*

yeah GE worked ok with about 12 fps alot of the time. But yeah I think GE was/is still an achievement.

CaptainHowdy said:
whoah, that is much improved, the first pics were so horrible, I was embarrassed for ever wanting it..

Hehehe, did you ever play F-Zero X?

Personally I never expected it to end up looking this good, they're doing a fantastic job :)

Tagrineth said:
CaptainHowdy said:
whoah, that is much improved, the first pics were so horrible, I was embarrassed for ever wanting it..

Hehehe, did you ever play F-Zero X?

Personally I never expected it to end up looking this good, they're doing a fantastic job :)

actually no, I think I skipped that one, and I lied, I didnt want it even on GC, but now I am starting to take interest.

They need to add online capabilities.

That would be absolutely awesome. Of course, I'm not sure if it'd be all that stable due to lag.

i know i'll be punished in heaven for saying this, but it looks rather bland to me....................

now calm down...... don't hit me... i wont say that word again.....

it just looks THAT way.... :oops:

london-boy

Post the pics that you find bland please.

This pic looks extrmely bland I agree:

fzerocadeg2.jpg

Did this slip through the net from the extremely early version or something? It looks terrible compared to the rest.

But what other pic posted here looks bland to you?

Ozy:

Simplistic? This is exactly what they looked like in the original game, man! It's a MAJOR nostalgia-trip for me!

They look like they did in the original game, yet in full 3D, and with megacool exhaust jets as well. That's excellent!

Though I wonder if the simplistic screen Teasy noted isn't what the game really looks like, and the others are touched-up. They look WAY hotter than that side-view screeny... Well, if all are true, faithful in-game renderings, then I get ever-more impressed of course! :)

*G*

Ozy:

Your comment would be true if the image I pointed out was truely how the game looks. But not true at all when you look at the other pics. The car models look great in those pics. Overall the game looks incredible especially considering the speed it runs at.

Grall

Though I wonder if the simplistic screen Teasy noted isn't what the game really looks like, and the others are touched-up.

I think it'd take leonardo da vinci to touch those pics up to that extent :)

But seriously, the other pics look utterly different from that one pic I pointed out, its like night and day. I don't think a pic can be touched up to that extent.

If they did somehow manage it and released the game looking like the pic I pointed out after showing those other pics I think they'd be eaten alive :)

I also think that people who had hands on time would be making some noises about it if the game looked that much worse then the pics shown by Sega.

Still that pic is a little strange.

There's much less aliasing in the better-looking pics, and they have this overall really slick kind of quality to them that just makes me wonder. Though, if the game really does look like that... Well, COOL!

I'm certainly not whining! No way! :)

*G*

I didn't mean that the pics deffinately aren't touched up at all (not that I necesarilly think they are either as there is a normal amount of aliasing there for a GC game). I was just saying that you can't touch up a pic and change this quality:

fzerocadeg2.jpg

To this quality:

fzerocadeg3.jpg

The second pic is just in a totally different class to the first in every way (textures, models, polycounts, lighting ect).

F-Zero looks fine, but you wont probably anyway se so much because of the speed i assume.

Btw Teasy, i just love your comments most about the hurkleee**coughh--gamecube--phuphu.. Yeaa you know!

Looking forward too some nice duels.. :D

ps, i spell like cap.

overclocked

I agree with your first comment that the graphics will be a bit of a blur most of the time in this game.

Still its nice to have the excellent visuals, even though most of the time you'll be going to fast to appreciate them. As long as GC can handle them at at a constant 60fps anyway, which apparently it can.

Btw Teasy, i just love your comments most about the hurkleee**coughh--gamecube--phuphu.. Yeaa you know!

I can assure you that I have no idea what a hurkleee or a phuphu is :)

In all seriousness though I'm not really sure what you mean by that?

the cube is starting to get an overkill of these "Tube Racer" games.. speaking of which, NEC is making an Fzero clone...which happens to be called "TUbe Racers", this was just announced tonight..
tubeslider_013103_12.jpg

Back