New DK Jungle Beat Screenshots

donkey-kong-jungle-beat-20050104100025176.jpg

donkey-kong-jungle-beat-20050104100026036.jpg

donkey-kong-jungle-beat-20050104100026817.jpg

donkey-kong-jungle-beat-20050104100027629.jpg

61949ce.jpg

61971te.jpg

The fur shading looks great

I don't think he'll agree with anyone syaing the graphics are pretty, or nice, or even somewhat good. The game looks like it has decent texturing in some places but the characters themselves leave a lot to be desired. There is far too much gloss on that warthog looking creature. It looks like someone forgot about a texture map and merely colored it in!

The fish looks pretty bad with some sharp detail to the right but extreme blurriness around its mouth. The game needs more polish.

Donkey Kong looks ok though.

i want to know why nintendo is incapable of producing above average graphics on its own system.

I'm a little surprised at the reactions I'm reading so far. Personally I think the first two screens look really cool. The rest look ordinary. This game has great potential IMO. A 2D side scroller played with bongo drums. Actually it's one of my most anticipated games of 2005 simply because I'm curious to see how it will turn out. I think so many games nowadays look and play the same. At least Nintendo tries to do something different. If they fall on their ass, fine the game sucks. But I have a feeling this one will be something special.

Dang I think it looks great. Is that bumpmapping on the floor in that first pic? And the fur looks great! Why is it the Cube is the only machine that is doing fur so much? I mean it seems we've seen more on the Cube fur shading than Xbox.

I meant BM in the second pic not the first. It looks like some mapping going on with the floor.

i agree the game does look genuinly fun, but why does almost every nintendo game have to have barely average graphics? its not like having a good looking game will hurt the gameplay.

This game looks like trash.

I'm sure Nintendo fans will love it though - and they'll be amazed by the DX 7 quality graphics too.

ya nintendo fans will eat up any scraps nintendo throws at them because they dont exactly have much to look foward too.

This game rocks.

It put Nights and DKC to school. And you know how higly I think of Nights.

Alright, so I wasn't too thrill about playing it at first, the idea about using the conga as controller for a platformer sounded weird to me. And at first it was kinda strange too.

But damn, when you get the beats going this game rock so hard. Everything just flow smoothly, the beats and DK just melt into one creating one awsome game. This game is without a doubt GOTY for 2004 by far, nothing come close.

BTW the graphics are better than what these screens suggest. And you need to be good to really enjoy the game. If you sux stay away from the game I suppose.

V3 said:
This game rocks.

It put Nights and DKC to school. And you know how higly I think of Nights.

Alright, so I wasn't too thrill about playing it at first, the idea about using the conga as controller for a platformer sounded weird to me. And at first it was kinda strange too.

But damn, when you get the beats going this game rock so hard. Everything just flow smoothly, the beats and DK just melt into one creating one awsome game. This game is without a doubt GOTY for 2004 by far, nothing come close.

BTW the graphics are better than what these screens suggest. And you need to be good to really enjoy the game. If you sux stay away from the game I suppose.

????

The Human race has lost another one.

Li Mu Bai said:
Yes, so many true character platformers look so superior to this one. :rolleyes: And the new LOZ is subpar as well I assume?

yes, compaired to anything but the absolute worst looking games on the Dreamcast, this game looks like arse.

Li Mu Bai, I don't see where your bias comes in when comparing this game to many PS2 games in terms of graphics quality. Judging from these pics the majority of PS2 games out there would wipe the floor with this game. You know how there is only 4 MB of space for textures on PS2's GS? Well it seems Nintendo has done less with this game on GCN than most devs do with on PS2. The pics look like crap.

The game itself mayu turn out to be golden and if it does I'll rent it. I'm not a fan of DK that much. I won't hold my breath considering Nintendo's track record as of late with platformers. Mario Sunshine was barely half as good as Mario 64 IMO. NiGHTS compared to this game is interesting, but even if this game turns out to be better...it only matters for at least another year.

This game looks fabulous. I play games for the gameplay first and foremost. Not every game has this style. I'm very impressed. Plus I say wait till the game comes out and play it.

I'm reserving judgement until I see more, but I have a special affection for DK. These screens don't look like anything special, but the gameplay seems intriguing.

Back