New D3D FSAA Viewer

Colourless

Monochrome wench
Veteran
And you thought D3D FSAA Viewer 4 was as good as it comes... well here's Version 5! There's not a huge amount of difference with this version compared to the previous execpt for the following new features

1) Single frame/step mode
2) Screen capture to a PNG (windowed modes only)
3) Direct3D 9 only (yeah, no D3D8 version this time)

There are some changes to the keys in this version.
ENTER is now used to toggle Single Frame mode.
SPACE is now used to advance a single frame in Single Frame Mode. (You now can only invert the colours using I)
Ctrl-S can now be used to capture the screen.

Download it if you need it: http://www.users.on.net/triforce/d3d_fsaaviewer/d3d_fsaaviewer-5.zip

Perhaps I should have made this an incremental numerical update since really the changes are so minor... probably only needed a .10 or .20 update for 2 small features.

MuFu said:
Like 4.20? Wait... :oops:
You're right! :oops:

TEA-TIME BREAK!!!!
smokey.gif

I still cant get this program to show the sample pattern for my 8500 All in Wonder DV.

I was hoping Digi was going to step up to the plate and be his usual non-techie self , but it seems this time he's in on the importance of this, so I'll be the one to look stupid and ask -

cho said:
Single frame/step mode :devilish: ;)

So this is useful/necessary when................................ (my guess) the sample pattern is not the same from frame to frame ?

Am I warm ?

Mark

Ok, thanks , I'm off to study the thread about Star Trek, warp coils and tri-corders in the 3d boards and drivers section then :LOL:

Mark

kipper67 said:
So this is useful/necessary when................................ (my guess) the sample pattern is not the same from frame to frame ?

Am I warm ?

Mark
So this is the software equivalent of a temporal distortion generator, or a frame flicker forensic foreground detector or some such?

Why would you want the sample pattern to change frame to frame? Wouldn't that create extra temporal aliasing? Fractional pixel popping when the camera is still?

I guess with 16 samples or so these would be too small to notice though, so maybe a high sample solution could jitter the samples between frames somewhat. But I still don't know how that would make things look better. I suppose geometry based moiere patterns would become less obvious random flickering rather than the more obvious organized 'swimming'.

Back