new computer im about to buy - what do you guys think?

SliderMan

Newcomer
MotherBoad: ASUS Striker Extreme nForce 680i SLI
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz 8Mb BOX
GPU: ASUS EN8800GTS GeForce 8800GTS 640MB PCIe
Ram: Kingston 4GB 667MHz DDR2 Non-ECC CL5 DIMM (Kit of 2)
Hrd: Western Digital 500GB 7200Rpm 3.5 16Mb SATA II WD5000ABYS
DVDRW: LG x18 GSA-E40L External DVD±RW Super MultiDrive LightScribe
Case: RAIDMAX Scorpio Deluxe 868 Black 400Watt No Window Gaming Case
should i get better cpu cooler 600watt/sli support power supplier
comments please =)
thanks.

Very similar psec I had in my mind atm.

Excepted I'm going to get RV670XT instead 8800GTS (Which coming this november) :p
I dont know if your information correct or not but Q6600 suppose to have 4 mb of L2 not 8 mb.

I dont know about nForce chipset tho I'll use P35 instead if I buy now.

Is 400w enough to power that rig? Does the PSU (power supply unit) have the 6-pin SLI connector you'll need for your GTS?

Don't buy anything on your list. Next month G92, RV670, RD790, 780i, and Phenom will all be out. You'll be kicking yourself if you buy this month.

i agree its not worth buying anything atm, oct 10 x38 motherboards will be released, nov 10 nvidia G92 will be released as well as phenom from AMD and Intels Penryn. If anything after november all the prices will drop significantly for everything you are buying.

Is 400w enough to power that rig? Does the PSU (power supply unit) have the 6-pin SLI connector you'll need for your GTS?

nope its dosent have the brige but i thought that gts had it?
i dont know if 400w will run my system :oops:

and i dont really wait 1 mouth even thought its gonna worth waiting.

nope its dosent have the brige but i thought that gts had it?
i dont know if 400w will run my system :oops:

and i dont really wait 1 mouth even thought its gonna worth waiting.

Good things come to those who wait. If you choose not to wait, don't come back here complaining about the performance increases you could've had by going with the new parts, or the money you could've saved by going with the old parts.

so you recordament about cancelling that order and waiting another month for money saving/better computer? how much money can i save by waiting?

Except for the PSU I'd say "yes". :yep2:

Gotta make sure you get a good PSU, not a cheapy. A cheap PSU will cause no ends of grief and why try and go cheap when it's what is going to be powering all your expensive components?

It took me a while before I learned that one, just trying to pass along the wisdom. ;)

You can't edit your own posts until you have a certain amount of time in here as well as a certain number of posts, I forgot how many and such ages ago. :oops:

Power supplies? Ask Rys. :LOL: Anything from Fortron of the right amperage/wattage will generally serve you proper for a loooong time.

Back