New car, G37 convertible?

Yes they're comfortable, but it is windy with the top down in the back....but they like that.

Also no fear of flatulence, the car even has an anti-flatulence system on board (plasmacluster air purifier). :)

It seems that Nissan only gives you everything. So when are you going to repent your consumeristic ways and hand me the keys? ;-)

It's not Nissan, it's an Infiniti. Nissan treated us well, but no where near this insanely well!

Did I mention they shipped my wife a pen from Tiffany's too yesterday, just as a "thank you". Yeah, it's an obvious gimmick....but it's a good one.

I'm gonna go take my poor neglected BMW to the local car wash today and I'm gonna buy me a month pass for as many washes as I can squeeze in...and I'm gonna see if I can actually manage to have it washed every morning so it doesn't look as bad parked next to the bloody G37. :???:

Still made by NISSAN!!! :D maybe im cynical because they call the exact same model down here a Nissan. We get out Lexus lovin' courtesy of Toyota dealers as well.

You poor bastard with your old clunky car. I bet you don't want to drive yours anymore, you want to drive hers. She'll probably divorce you if it comes down to it to keep your stinkin' paws off the keys. ;-)

Still made by NISSAN!!! :D maybe im cynical because they call the exact same model down here a Nissan. We get out Lexus lovin' courtesy of Toyota dealers as well.

You poor bastard with your old clunky car. I bet you don't want to drive yours anymore, you want to drive hers. She'll probably divorce you if it comes down to it to keep your stinkin' paws off the keys. ;-)

Total Infiniti models that are actually Infinities: 2.
Total Lexus models that are actually Lexii: 3.
Total Acura that are actually Acuras: 0.

Now over time they've both gotten better at hiding the origins but its still funny.

Actually I'm pretty sure the G37 convertible is original Infiniti, at least from the windshield back.

They redesigned the entire car's back end to fit the top, Nissan doesn't have any like it.

Actually I'm pretty sure the G37 convertible is original Infiniti, at least from the windshield back.

They redesigned the entire car's back end to fit the top, Nissan doesn't have any like it.

The G37 vert and AWD are definitely "Infinitis" and not rebadged Nissans. They share the VQ7 engine with the 370Z and Maxima and are tuned between the two in terms of power. No VQ7 equipped Nissan has either AWD or a hard top convertible.

Thanks. It's not as zippy feeling as our Z was to me, but I don't think it's supposed to be.

I'm still on probation though, so it's cool...I've been doing a lot of low riding. ;)

Well the convertible weighs nearly a eight hundred pounds more than a Z!
The regular G37s weighs quite a bit less and holds it's own with the Z for 0-60, although the Z handles the curves better owing to its lower and wider stance.

Now over time they've both gotten better at hiding the origins but its still funny.

Thats even worse than I thought! Actually its quite funny that the domestic market equivalents for them are still their normal brand. They don't bother to rebrand them when they sell them at home, well at least not until very recently at least.

A G37 is a jumped up Nissan. :D

Thats even worse than I thought! Actually its quite funny that the domestic market equivalents for them are still their normal brand. They don't bother to rebrand them when they sell them at home, well at least not until very recently at least.

A G37 is a jumped up Nissan. :D

You're funny.
So what's a GT-R?

A jumped-down Infiniti?

Audi shares platforms and components with VW...are Audi's "jumped up" VWs?

I'm calling for back-up on this one.

For one, taking a base platform and adding features *is* a new car...Audi A6 vs. Passat anyone?

Next to your numbers:

You seem to be claiming that there are only 2 Infinitis, 3 Lexii and 0 Acuras that are not direct derivatives of their mainstream brand models, right?

So please let me know the following (I don't follow Lexus so I've left them out):

Nissan Equivalents of Infiniti:
FX35, FX45, G37 AWD, G37 Convertible, M35 and M45

Honda Equivalent of Acura:
RL, TL-AWD, RDX

Thanks.

Actually, even the G37 and Maxima have little in common other than their engine.
G37 is RWD or AWD
Maxima is FWD
G37 has AT7 or MT6
Maxima is CVT

So is having the same engine = rebranded?
So A3, A4, A5, TT and A6 with 2.0T are all the same car!

You're funny.
So what's a GT-R?

A tuned Z.

Honestly, you want luxo'd good cheap cars because that means that the shared components like engines, power trains, chassis, etc are in several hundred thousands of model generally resulting in less problem prone parts and cheaper replacement parts.

A tuned Z.

LOL.
Twin Turbos, AWD, larger rotors, 7AT with twin clutches (no MT available), wider, two extra seats, etc. etc. is "tuned"?

Those are just a few of the differences...there are plenty more.

Although I do agree that having a larger installed base is why the Infinitis have such a better track record than BMWs.

You're funny.
So what's a GT-R?

A jumped-down Infiniti?

What im saying is that they are sold in my country as their native brands. So if its an infinity to you, its a Nissan to me. If its a lexus to you, its a Toyota Altezza to me.

What im saying is that they are sold in my country as their native brands. So if its an infinity to you, its a Nissan to me. If its a lexus to you, its a Toyota Altezza to me.

That's just brand management...otherwise we'd all think Honda made lawnmowers!
I'm saying that the "Infiniti" models are not just rebranded Nissans models in *this* market. The G37 AWD is as different from the Maxima as it is from the Murano. That's all.

Back