New car, G37 convertible?

The last two years have been good for convertibles in Cincinnati. I only drive the 'vert if it's nice and I'm already well-tanned this year. The year prior sucked because we had a cicada swarm and my wife hates the things...

Can't get Alfas here, nor Lotus. :(

So I guess all the Lotus Elise and the dealers in and around town where I live are a figment of my imagination. Then there is the fact that the Tesla cars are all Lotus Evoras with an electric engine switch. www.lotuscars.com is their US website. Though, I probably wouldn't get a lotus for a daily driver. They are great, fun cars but are pretty spartan even by economy car standards.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're using the future tense, right? Can't buy one today.

No not today. The news is that they will be producing a new RWD spider at the same plant that does the 300 and Challenger cars for the 2012 model year, so 18 months away. 2012 is looking like a good year for people who like spider/roadster models. VW group has a nice one coming in multiple trims (VW, Audi, Porsche), new Z4, Alfa, etc plus the new Lotus (which is suppose to be light, stiffer, and have a lot more power).

So I guess all the Lotus Elise and the dealers in and around town where I live are a figment of my imagination. Then there is the fact that the Tesla cars are all Lotus Evoras with an electric engine switch. www.lotuscars.com is their US website. Though, I probably wouldn't get a lotus for a daily driver. They are great, fun cars but are pretty spartan even by economy car standards.

Tesla is based on Lotus Elise, not Evora.

He's right though, Lotus are apparently available in the states...my bad. :oops:

Still would have had to be a 4-seater, and we couldn't afford that in Lotus.

I love the reasonably priced Exige SC (or Elise in a soft top), but, alas for dig, it's a two seater. Really it's a track car that's street legal. No real amenities. I'm surprised you don't see many in your area dig since one of the biggest dealers in the US is in Chitown.

Mize, do the next best thing. Send him many very chiding PMs.

Sorry, been having some trouble with my son and school I was dealing with all weekend. (Homework from hell. :???: ) You may all stop with the PMs now.

g37chrismaddy.png

g37chrismaddyjustin.png

g37chrismaddyjustinmere.png

Why did they forget to put the driving wheel on the right side? :)

Awesome pics! Is it a power retractable hard top or a softie?

drop dead gorgeous!

Just broke in the 370z (passed 1200 miles) and can open it wide...wow.

My kids fit back there fine, and I rode back there just to see if I could...and I could.

Can't quite call it comfortable, but I've ridden in much worse. The kids have no complaints about the backseats so far. :)

My kids fit back there fine, and I rode back there just to see if I could...and I could.

Can't quite call it comfortable, but I've ridden in much worse. The kids have no complaints about the backseats so far. :)

What about the wind factor? Rear seats in convertibles tend to get more wind than the front seats. So are they comfortable both top down with wind and top up with headroom and fear of flatulence?

Back