New car, G37 convertible?

Front wheel drive is sad.

Get the Z4, looks awesome, rwd, hardtop and probably good handling. (Im prolly gonna end up buying this myself soon).

BMW 3 series convertible is also pretty cool-

If you want a cruiser, get the new CLK convertible, i think its called Eclass convertible now.

The CLK is nice on the top end, but that's out of my price range. The Z4 is also good, but it's a 2 seater and we tried that before with a 2004 350Z and as much as we loved the car it's just too hard with 2 kids so this one NEEDS a backseat.

My wife is going to try dragging me out to Orland Park today for a test drive, they have a lease special going on the 09 G37 convertibles for $539/mos she wants to look into. :rolleyes:

I really can't find a car that compares with the G37, it's pretty f-ing all around sweet and trimmed out nicely.

(BTW - She's not really interested in a 3 series convertible, I have an 01 325xi that gives us our beemer fix...and also gave us a taste of their cost of upkeep when things go a bit pear shaped. On a happy note with that she at least lets me work on my own car now rather than take it to the dealers. ;) )

Pics later this afternoon, she took it to work this morning. I took it out for my first spin late last night and I really liked it.

Got the convertible with the sports, premium, and navigation package. No MT, but it has flappy paddles you can pretend to shift with. Obsidian black exterior with the black leather sports interior, the whole family can actually fit comfortably in it. :)

I got 4-1/2 months more probation before I can do any "fun" driving again. :(

My wife just keeps laughing and saying, "You're going to sooo lose your license again soon!", at me. :oops:

I got 4-1/2 months more probation before I can do any "fun" driving again. :(

My wife just keeps laughing and saying, "You're going to sooo lose your license again soon!", at me. :oops:

What did you do?
FYI, I don't street race, but I do like curvy country drives where I and friends stay on our side of the road.

Oh, when we had the Z I had a few speeding tickets that I forgot to pay in a timely fashion. Now I'm on probation for driving on a suspended license and speeding, but I did get my license back at least. :)

Oh, when we had the Z I had a few speeding tickets that I forgot to pay in a timely fashion. Now I'm on probation for driving on a suspended license and speeding, but I did get my license back at least. :)

You know you can supercharge that VQ7 engine and get over 500 bhp on that G37... :)

My wife's been working days since getting the car so it doesn't come home until late, sorry. I'll get some this weekend.

I drove it with the top down yesterday. First time I've ever driven a convertible with the top down. Didn't notice any big diff, didn't see what the big deal was...then I turned around to back up into my driveway and the whole fucking world was there! It was glorious. :cool:

It was also 45f and freezing, had the heater cranked but the top of my head did get cool after a while. Can't wait until another warm day comes. :)

Back