New Bulletwitch gameplay, Everyone check it out asap

Seems like interesting and fun gameplay with the magic wall and everything. Graphics look average/good.

animation is a little stiff for the main character. I dunno. It just doesn't seem right when moving suddently in every direction. The scene around 2:30 was pretty cool. Gameplay looks more interesting towards the end too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't say I'm impressed by it artisticly, but the gameplay looks fun. Is it scheduled to be released outside of Asia yet?

hm... well here is the official website (Japanese). I'm having a bit of trouble viewing it though (FF & IE). Hm... well it doesn't seem like there'll be a NA release, but it does come out on the 27th this month (my bday!) (see the "spec" page). Anyone care to translate the staff blog? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
No offense to the topic creator, but I thought the video looked like total trash (and I'm not talking about the quality of it). The game looks boring as hell, animation sucks, AI is lacking... Just don't see what the big deal is. :???:

Can I remind people that when posting such links, it's best to actually say what impresses you about a game, rather than just 'OMGWTF Diz iz da biz checkkitout!!!111!'. Why exactly are we supposed to check it out? What are we going to be impressed by? Also, for those of us on limited monthly downloads, giving a size indicator is important.

In this particular instance I started D'loading the trailer, and when I learnt it was 70+ MB stopped, having wasted a smidgen of my quota. Certainly in my case, I'm no longer going to d'load any trailers unless people give me a reason to. 'See the incredible physics based animation' or 'marvel at the totally interactive terrain with soil modelling allowing you to dig holes and build mounds' and exciting things like that. 'Watch man run around shooting things' isn't going to grab my attention - you may be surprised but those sorts of trailers are actually quite common... ;)

dodo3 said:
No offense to the topic creator, but I thought the video looked like total trash (and I'm not talking about the quality of it). The game looks boring as hell, animation sucks, AI is lacking... Just don't see what the big deal is. :???:

So what next-gen game do you think looks better than this in terms of environment destructibility and physics? :oops: I am just curious.

I was reallty impressed with this, considering it's Cavia aswell.

Love the physics at the end when the tornado rips the roof off the building.

Looks like it could be a lot of fun, I would imagine a Western release seeing as it's on the 360.

I think people are expecting too much from "next-gen" (whatever that is) and seeing as we are only 6 months into "next-gen"

I think the game has made great strides over the last few months to the point where imo there are aspects of it that look 'next gen'. I had never seen the gameplay before so this is my first impression but from this video, it looks like tons of fun. A NA/EU release of this game would probably sell pretty well.

Shifty Geezer said:
Also, for those of us on limited monthly downloads, giving a size indicator is important.

Jesus Christ! Download quotas! What sort of tyranny is this? I am so glad I am not living where you are.

Yeah Shifty, get an ISP that isn't stuck back in the dark ages FFS. :)

I can't say the graphics looked all that hot to me, being low-poly, low detail from what I could make out (the screen shots linked on the xboxyde site made me think it was a PS2 title for crying out loud), but the looks are obviously suffering from being heavily scaled down and muddled due to internet distribution considerations. Animations, well, um, I dunno. I'm also uncertain as to how exactly the controls work, aiming and circle strafing with analog sticks is usually crap unless there's some kind of lock-on feature which I didn't see any evidence of here.

Still, the 'witchy stuff' is intriguing as hell, I'd love a game that lets me toss huge blocks of stone around, erect walls out of thin air and shoot giant lightning bolts into giant quivering brain bossmonsters. :p

I'm gonna have to keep an eye open for this title, hopefully the control scheme won't kill it dead. This title has definitive potential.

inefficient said:
Jesus Christ! Download quotas! What sort of tyranny is this? I am so glad I am not living where you are.
I could get a less limited service, but I have next to no need for it. My use comes out at about 1.8 GB/m including downloads of clips I'm interested in. Though it must be said there are newer deals that are better value for money from other ISPs. But then I have to go change my email address and stuff, for more downloads I don't much care to have. I'm just a backward kinda guy ;)

Heh, I live in a college town where pretty much the whole population junked out on napster/kazza/emule and such, so we wound up with bandwidth limits here as well. Not that I ever have much reason to even get close to my limit myself, but I do envy the people who aren't burdened with the fact stuff costs money.

Shifty Geezer said:
I could get a less limited service, but I have next to no need for it. My use comes out at about 1.8 GB/m including downloads of clips I'm interested in. Though it must be said there are newer deals that are better value for money from other ISPs. But then I have to go change my email address and stuff, for more downloads I don't much care to have. I'm just a backward kinda guy ;)

At one point I was downloading around 90gb/month with Shaw, 60 down, 30 up, there's no limit but I did get a 'courtesy call' :devilish: .

Back