New battlegrounds being readied for WoW!

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Guden Oden, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Guden Oden

Guden Oden Senior Member
    Legend

If you people haven't checked out the sneak preview yet I say you absolutely should. This time Blizzard isn't ripping off CTF, they're stealing the assault gametype instead. :D The players of the two teams have to seize and hold as many as possible out of a total of five resource points, and then keep them long enough for them to start delivering resources.

The team with the highest resource total at the end of the game wins, or is it the team that first reaches a sum total? I'm not really sure; it might be both at once like with warsong gulch, where it's first to three points, or the most points scored during 30 minutes.

Seems as if it might actually not be that long until this battleground is released too, it's already listed on blizzard's new interactive world map. Awesome stuffs, and they're improving conflagrate too for us locks by making it instant AND increasing its damage... That'll rule! :D Hopefully the cooldown won't be increased either. Downturn is of course that it'll cost more mana, but hey, you can't have everything (that would be boring).

In D2, hordes of people always went for the char class that gave the biggest advantages for the moment. Early on, the necromancer ruled becuase of his crazy corpse explosion skill, and the warrior was also popular because whirlwind along with iceblink armor cut a swathe through everything. Later, amazons became the object of choice once blizzard fixed the bow bugs, and multishot-spamming bitches became standard fare. In the expansion, hammerdins started ruling because of some insane interactions between blessed hammers and concentration aura (8000+ points of damage per hammer was perfectly possible). And also firewall sorceresses became extremely popular due to the new synergies (30k+ per second fire damage) and the exploitability of particular stretches of the game that were ideal for firewalling multiple enemies... Etc.

Fortunately with WoW, I see a pretty diverse array of players, though perhaps there aren't very many female dwarfs, cows and midgets out there. :p

2. Guden Oden

Guden Oden Senior Member
    Legend

We don' need no steeenkin' battlegroun's!

Why wait in line for 2+ hours when you can just raid splintertree post?

That seems to have been the alliance's attitude last night when they made me sit up until 3AM to defend our horde outpost...!

Me and the raid parties I was in racked up 98 HKs, though not that many of those were enemies I actually caused any damage. Still, I got a couple darned good crits on a few guys despite most attackers were seriously higher levels than me.

I love being undead, I lifetap myself to gain mana from my health, then I cannibalize some random corpse laying around to gain the health back...! :D