Neverwinter Nights 2

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Gnerma, Oct 18, 2006.

1. poopypoo

Veteran

I wanna second that ToEE was really solid. THe story is pretty straightforward, it's almost an afterthought. But it's so the best DnD game for the PC, ever, IMO. The "good story" ones can blow me ^^;

2. John Reynolds

John Reynolds Ecce homo
    Veteran

ToEE is basically a combat engine dressed up as a game, IMO. I played through it a good 4-5x with various party builds, but definitely wouldn't call it the best ever.

3. Davros

Legend

how about vampire the masquerade redemption, probably doesnt furfill the requirements but its a fun game if somewhat buggy

4. Scott_Arm

Legend

ToEE was outrageously buggy when it came out, and it performed horribly. That pretty much stopped me from playing it. It just ran so terribly and I kept hitting all kinds of issues. Content wise and gameplay wise it seemed fantastic. Maybe if I played it now it would be awesome?

5. John Reynolds

John Reynolds Ecce homo
    Veteran

There are tons of official and Co8 patches out for the game now, including the content Atari censored out for North America. The elemental nodes are still buggy and tend to run like crap and crash, though.

6. Randell

Randell Senior Daddy
    Veteran

TBH if you pause combat in NWN2, check everyone is doing what you want them to do, repause after a turn or two of combat, reset instructions, NWN2 can effectively be semi turn based.