Netflix streaming now on vista media center

Discussion in 'PC Hardware, Software and Displays' started by Sxotty, May 20, 2009.

1. Sxotty

Veteran

Title says it all.

Personally I think it is pretty awesome. I might even buy a netflix membership now :)

I need to check the variety of shows available. If they have a good amount of TV shows that are not that old I would rather do it than cable personally.

2. homerdog

homerdog donator of the year
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Hmm I've never used the VMC. Checking it out..

Is there any way to adjust the quality? Hulu blows this crap away and that's the minimum I would want when watching a movie or television show. Plus I'm getting some annoying screen tearing :???:

The interface is smooth and you don't have to have the movies in your Instant Queue to watch them like you do on the 360.

#2 homerdog, May 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2009
  3. Sxotty

Veteran

Quality in VMC or in netflix through VMC? I haven't done the netflix thing yet, but use VMC all the time and don't have quality issues.

I just read about it and was stoked b/c it is closer to what I want. I don't want cable and tons of useless channels I want to purchase just the programs/channels I want to watch and this is closer.

4. homerdog

Quality of netflix streaming. It isn't very good at all.

5. Sxotty

Veteran

Dont know if this is still applicable
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1089285

6. homerdog

I was aware of that system, but it doesn't tell me how many bars I'm getting in the VMC. It does the "Determining your video quality" thing and then starts playing. :???:

When I stream to my 360 it always goes to 4 bars and plays in HD when available, and it buffers nigh instantly so I don't think my internet connection is the culprit. The quality through the VMC looks to be about 3 bars.