NeoGeo classics coming to Playstation Store

Titanio

Legend
CVG has the scoop:

Fans of SNK classics such as King of Fighters would love to see a selection of the firm's classic Neo-Geo titles available to download on Sony's PlayStation Store and Xbox Live Arcade.

We've all seen how well Street Fighter II' Hyper Fighting recently did on Xbox Live and the call's already been made for more retro fighters to be released.

Speaking to CVG Soichiro Hosoya, director of SNK game titles, said, "We've discussed an online delivery service for our classic NeoGeo titles through next-gen formats and Sony Computer Entertainment has agreed to our propositions." All good then in the world of PlayStation, though what the games will be and when they'll launch haven yet to be confirmed.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=149763

Hopefully they appear soon :)

Hopefully they appear soon :)
No no. There's no rush. As long as it's available by March!:devilish:;)

This is really exciting news! I was kinda jealous that Live! got SF, but this is encouraging. Does anyone know if SF games will be available on the PS Store as well? I might end up spending more time playing the old classics than the new blockbuster games!

To be perfectly honest I'm not that excited (if at all) about this. These games are just not worthy to run on my (hopefully soon to be) HDTV. However playing this games on the go is a completely different thing. They should also make them available to PSP users through emulation. And seeing as there's already an unofficial emulator that runs full speed I can't see a reason not to do it. Now that would get me excited.

Is SNK the owner of all the Neogeo IPs right now?

I ask this because a lot of the neogeo titles that actually interest me come from companies that are now defunt, like tradewest.

I would love to see games like Magical Drop 3 with the options to play online. Shock Troopers would be a nice addition as well.

Back