Nehalem + PowerVR integrated CPU/GPU

Rob Evans

Newcomer
From http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/36502/135/

"Later in the product cycle, Intel plans to offer a Nehalem processor with integrated graphics. Consider it Intel’s version of AMD’s Fusion processor: Gelsinger said that Nehalem has been built around a modular concept, allowing the company to scale the processor either towards performance or low power consumption. Compared to Fusion, the Nehalem+graphics CPU will not use a fully-fledged GPU, but essentially an overclocked PowerVR graphics core, which is not expected to reach the performance of the AMD GPU version."

Rob.

With where Nintendo is right now on OpenGL vs. SGX, I'd almost have to say SGX550 perhaps?

Doesn't mention anything in the news report of the processor being integrated with a PowerVR graphics core. But if it really is, I'd suspect it's SGX545, I can't think of it being used anywhere else.

Doesn't mention anything in the news report of the processor being integrated with a PowerVR graphics core. But if it really is, I'd suspect it's SGX545, I can't think of it being used anywhere else.

If Intel isn't interested in sticking a Vista/D3D10.1 sticker on a future UMPC, then they of course haven't much reason to use a SGX545 in such a device. Whether integrated in a processor or in a SoC for a small form factor device doesn't necessarily mean that you get any serious performance out of such a core.

Rob,

Just a gut feeling or any substantial info that made you alter that text?

Back