Need some advice on ATi MMC.

boltneck

Newcomer
I have had a ATi Tv Wonder USB 2.0 for several months now. I have had various weird issues with The Titan Tv application as well as Guideplus.

The version i have been using is 9.08. It however would lose Audio sync from time to time and the video quality seems a little grainy. I switched to the newly released MMC 9.13 today and for about 2 hours lived in video/driver hell. The video screen would not stop popping and sheering randomly, the quality was horrid, the sound would freak out continuously. It would not display 16:9 correctly at all. There is about a 2-3 second delay between the request to change the channel and it finally changing the channel. There are some other weirdness as well.

I fully uninstalled and reinstalled 4 complete times. Changed The order of installation of the components in various way etc. Nothing made any difference. Finally I uninstalled and put the 9.08 suite back on. Bam, worked just like before instantly.

I have to wonder if the driver team at ATi quality tests this stuff at all. There is nothing weird about my computer. I even have an ATi X800 AGP for my GPU.

Anyway the problem is I am now back to using 4.08 with its few issues, mentioned above and my mouse simply blanks out of existence when i try to use Guideplus.

My Question is, what is the best version of MMC with titan TV to use? I use the analog input for cable. If someone does have a version they recommend, can you provide a link please?

Back