Need Memory

Leto

Newcomer
The PC3200 kind, that is first and foremost stable. I'm tired of bad ram making my computer crash >_< I had 2x256 but now I can only run with 1x256, doesn't matter which one....:'(

Edit: Whats this about DDR2, can I use that in my p4e mobo?

My suggestion is, whatever brand you get, make sure they have a very long warranty period. I recently have a broken PC133 DRAM on an old computer (it can't pass Memtest86 and sometimes the computer won't boot), and the manufacturer have a life-time warranty for the DRAM module. It took seven days to get a replacement, but it's free.

And it's probably better to test any new DRAM module with Memtest86.

IF money is no problem with you, then go with anything from Kingston, Corsair, Crucial, or OCZ. All of those are good.

If you are looking for cheaper ram, Mushkin is a damn good brand from my experience.

deadly sk1llz said:
If you are looking for cheaper ram, Mushkin is a damn good brand from my experience.

Pretty LOL to see someone mention "mushkin" and "cheaper" in conjunction like that... My, how things seem to have changed! :)

I'd recommend Corsair myself, especially their low-latency edition with the little LEDs on top... MMMMM! :D

its important which two slots you fit a pair into, apparently 1&3 are the ones, other combos cause problems

Bought 2 512 GEIL modules, they look fancy and I love the name. :LOL:

Great buy, I put them in 1&2 and my PCs average performance has gone up 200%. WoW is no longer a slideshow yay.

Back