Need everyone's help please

linthat22

Regular
After some updates to WinXP Pro, I had to login to my machine. Never had to before. Since my wife and I both run XP Pro, we both ran into that snag.

My question: I was able to disable the whole login process on my machine, but I'm not successful on the misses machine.

Can ya'll tell me where to look and what to tweak?

On her machine when it boots up a pop up box shows up saying: Your account has been disabled. Please see your system administrator.

I compared my settings to hers and all is well, so I don't know what's going on. I even checked the "control userpasswords2" from the run menu and I noticed it's the same info from the Administrative tools section.

I believe this is because of the .net update. Though that update is already really old so its kinda suprising you dont have it yet. Anyway what you can do to fix this is go the the MS website and download powertools. Dont know if that is exactly the correct name but they have this small toolpack wich allows you to autologin.

Grab the tweakguides companion pdf and go halfway down page 85 for the answer. I can't copy it because it's copywritten, but the pdf is free :)

There's some useful tips for autologon with a password if you continue reading through to page 86.

It's probably because of the ASPNET user that is created when you install .NET

Try to delete it or disable it or something. Maybe even just removing it from the group "Users" will solve the problem.

Use the Computer Management app from Administrative Tools.

Grab the tweakguides companion pdf and go halfway down page 85 for the answer. I can't copy it because it's copywritten, but the pdf is free :)

There's some useful tips for autologon with a password if you continue reading through to page 86.

Copyrighted.

I tried the tweak guide, it didn't work. I guess I'll try power tools. Thank you everyone, I'll keep trying and updating what's going on with her machine.

Use tweakui (thanks davros, that was the name). Takes 5 seconds to have it autologin, you only have to click one checkbox if I remember correctly (only used it once for my MCE like 2 years ago).

Back